• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Latest Rumours Transfer Rumours Thread (Potential New Signings)

Just back from holiday. With some trepidation as far as coming on here is concerned...
As much as we hark back to days gone by preferring 442, the big problem for me is that most of the opposition play systems that don't accommodate us when we do...shame on them. Most play a system that gives them 3 in midfield against our two. We then struggle to control the centre of the park, then start bypassing it with hoofball, and it goes wrong. The solution previously was playing one out and out winger, and one tucked in wide midfielder.

We also need ideally two upfront given we would want Dalby and Murphy on the pitch (so out goes 4231), so to me we need 352 and the right personnel to play it. That to me screams the need now for the best creative/attacking midfielder we can find first and foremost. 2 in the middle against 3 most of the time means the midfield is playing headless chickens. With Agogo and Dunne behind a Wordsworth, Olayinka, Payne or similar pushing into the 10 areas would enable us to get on the front foot.

Problem is I suggest that the players are simply not good enough and are unable to cope in this awful division.
The problem actually is its not an awful division- half the teams would probably comfortably survive in L2. The issue is that its as tough as was predicted and we have a much reduced budget to boot. We will get out of this league not because we have a big budget (a few clubs ahead of us comfortably on that) but because we adapt, stabilise and start moving forward. Next years wage cap will help not hinder us (that tells you where we sit amongst the big spenders in this league!!!!)

This thread is about transfer rumours and potential new signings. It has absolutely nothing to do with Sam Barrett's departure, Molesley's capabilities, losing the dressing room or anything else you may feel like chucking in for good measure. Please keep the thread on track, or start a new one if its a different topic. If you can't be arsed to follow that guidance then deletions will eventually follow, or offending posters will be thrown under the bus that is circling Roots Hall at the moment. Thanks ever so much.

Akinola will go to another NL club and make PB eat his words ,hopefully not against us though .

Daggers or Bromley. He'd be silly not to go to the side top of the league averaging nearly three goals a game. He'll get more chances in 3 games than he did in 25 for us last season.

This thread is about transfer rumours and potential new signings. It has absolutely nothing to do with Sam Barrett's departure, Molesley's capabilities, losing the dressing room or anything else you may feel like chucking in for good measure. Please keep the thread on track, or start a new one if its a different topic. If you can't be arsed to follow that guidance then deletions will eventually follow, or offending posters will be thrown under the bus that is circling Roots Hall at the moment. Thanks ever so much.
Didn't think there was any room left

I think it's crazy that Akinola can be deemed good enough to be on Daggers' radar who are smashing it at the moment, yet can't get near our team when we've been awful!

It gets to a point where the manager has to be more of a coach and surely work with what he has got. The problem with Brown is he is from the old era when you 'manage' the club. Nowadays it's about coaching the team. You're given a squad of players and you have to get the best out of them. Just binning them off immediately without giving them a chance to redeem themselves isn't good enough in my opinion, especially when the current crop that he has assembled have been dreadful!

I think it's crazy that Akinola can be deemed good enough to be on Daggers' radar who are smashing it at the moment, yet can't get near our team when we've been awful!

It gets to a point where the manager has to be more of a coach and surely work with what he has got. The problem with Brown is he is from the old era when you 'manage' the club. Nowadays it's about coaching the team. You're given a squad of players and you have to get the best out of them. Just binning them off immediately without giving them a chance to redeem themselves isn't good enough in my opinion, especially when the current crop that he has assembled have been dreadful!

this is what Stan was trying to convey to Ron - the ethos of the team should be set at club level not by the manager. You recruit the manager/players to fit into your ethos.

That is the problem with Brown
this is what Stan was trying to convey to Ron - the ethos of the team should be set at club level not by the manager. You recruit the manager/players to fit into your ethos.
That is what I have expressed on many threads it what is the club culture throughout the whole setup and why I never thought Brown would work as he is a poor coach as he does not develop and needs square pegs for square holes for his plan A without a B. And this is why I thought Mark should have been kept but that ship as passed.

Now who are these possible players?

In the spirit of the thread and pure speculation on my part let's throw a few names into the mix. Now I am sure I read somewhere one of the players is someone we looked at in pre-season, so guess that could be Emanuel Idem the keeper and now a free agent?
If PB stays true to form in his recruitment policy then players like George Boyd, John-Joe O'Toole and Josh Parker may come into the frame.
I'd like us to consider players like Lewis Macleod who was very highly rated up in Scotland, but suffered an injury at Plymouth and was released in the summer. Another player would be Tristan Nydam formerly of Ipswich. Was very highly rated by them and played 20 Championship games as a 17 year old midfielder. Suffered a broken ankle in a pre-season game and missed a year, but returned and developed his game as a left back, and featured for Ipswich there this pre-season before being released. Still only 21, so maybe worth a punt.

In the spirit of the thread and pure speculation on my part let's throw a few names into the mix. Now I am sure I read somewhere one of the players is someone we looked at in pre-season, so guess that could be Emanuel Idem the keeper and now a free agent?
If PB stays true to form in his recruitment policy then players like George Boyd, John-Joe O'Toole and Josh Parker may come into the frame.
I'd like us to consider players like Lewis Macleod who was very highly rated up in Scotland, but suffered an injury at Plymouth and was released in the summer. Another player would be Tristan Nydam formerly of Ipswich. Was very highly rated by them and played 20 Championship games as a 17 year old midfielder. Suffered a broken ankle in a pre-season game and missed a year, but returned and developed his game as a left back, and featured for Ipswich there this pre-season before being released. Still only 21, so maybe worth a punt.
Why would we waste our money on Lewis MacLeod? He has had knee injuries for the last few years and has had further surgery this summer on it. We don't have much of a budget to be wasting it on him and Nydam who both would be on the sidelines for the majority of the season. Nydam reminds me of Hyam. Highly rated youngster who has had too many injuries. We need to move on from these types of players.

Josh Parker 1 goal in 3 years for a Striker lol. There isnt many decent players left on the scrapheap

One of many reasons we are in the non League is because we signed injury prone players, or players that were never the same after a bad injury. We need fit, younger fast players. We probably have the slowest team on average in this League, as clearly shown against Aldershot. They were racing past our players for fun.

So for what I would consider the lowest point in the clubs history (shipping in 6 goals and scoring 3) losing at home to Aldershot who haven't won a game until now, and thus all happening in our first ever season in non league ever... whilst only having 1 win to our name in 6 games, still not winning at home within our opening 6 games. I would have thought this thread would be buzzing?? Bit of lip service from Ron and Phil ..'no pressure folks we are speaking to one or two zzzzzzz' we need 3-4 a decent young fit centre half, a decent left sided player and a attacking midfielder

One of many reasons we are in the non League is because we signed injury prone players, or players that were never the same after a bad injury. We need fit, younger fast players. We probably have the slowest team on average in this League, as clearly shown against Aldershot. They were racing past our players for fun.
Bang on, discussed this only a few hours ago. Our squad has next to no athleticism, dynamism, fluidity from back to front.

I'd want Walsh and egbri there for that reason alone, would be nice to have elvis for that reason, let's see if we can address that over the next few with the one or two Phil has his eyes on

Back