• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Transfer Time

Pretty pleased that having received £2m for Guneratne I've managed to pick these two up for a combined £3.3m. May now sell Findley above as he was getting training so will get a wage bump. Or I may just keep them all and have a real tilt at promotion next season.

Girilal Aikut - 28 yo, BT Rating=123,799, Wage=£63,697
A steady RH batsman and a steady RFM bowler. He has worthless leadership skills and exquisite experience. He has no preference and no trait.
He currently has respectable batting form, superb bowling form and sublime fitness.

Stamina: superb* Wicket Keeping: superb
Batting: exquisite Concentration: masterful
Bowling: mediocre Consistency: respectable
Fielding: proficient

Earl Brennan - 28 yo, BT Rating=196,078, Wage=£111,929
A steady LH batsman and a steady RM bowler. He has respectable leadership skills and elite experience. He has no preference and no trait.
He currently has competent batting form, superb bowling form and sublime fitness.

Stamina: superb* Wicket Keeping: mediocre
Batting: miraculous Concentration: elite
Bowling: feeble Consistency: strong
Fielding: superb

Did I get myself a Christmas Eve bargain with this chap for £3.5m?

24 yo, BT Rating=86,026, Wage=£34,611
A steady LH batsman and an attacking LF bowler. He has woeful leadership skills and wonderful experience. He has no preference and no trait.
He currently has superb batting form, superb bowling form and sublime fitness.
Stamina: superb Wicket Keeping: worthless
Batting: abysmal Concentration: abysmal
Bowling: exquisite Consistency: sensational
Fielding: woeful

Attacking quick so pretty useful but I'd say that's about market value these days. Not any players go for over £4m unless they're highly skilled at 20/21.

Selling a guy from my franchise, can someone stick 200k on him to kick him off please?

Kitwana Elvin - 20 yo, BT Rating=33,375, Wage=£4,440
An attacking RH batsman and an attacking RFM bowler. He has feeble leadership skills and mediocre experience. He has no preference and no trait.
He currently has superb batting form, proficient bowling form and sublime fitness.

Stamina: feeble Wicket Keeping: worthless
Batting: superb Concentration: superb
Bowling: proficient Consistency: competent
Fielding: superb

Did I get myself a Christmas Eve bargain with this chap for £3.5m?

24 yo, BT Rating=86,026, Wage=£34,611
A steady LH batsman and an attacking LF bowler. He has woeful leadership skills and wonderful experience. He has no preference and no trait.
Stamina: superb Wicket Keeping: worthless
Batting: abysmal Concentration: abysmal
Bowling: exquisite Consistency: sensational
Fielding: woeful
I see he made a decent debut in the SZFL!

I think I shall be making a substantial loss on Mr Varney, but he's listed for 0 (or £48,000).

Would be nice to recoup some of that £9.5m I spent on him.

Gary Varney (936744) shortcut

Gary is an attacking LH Batsman, and an attacking LFM Bowler. He has feeble leadership skills and elite experience.

He currently has proficient batting form, superb bowling form and sublime fitness.
Plays For: Geoff_Boycotts_Grandmother XI
Nationality: England
Battrick Rating: 87,547 (+1027)
Wages: £47,913 p/w
Preference: None
Trait: None
Stamina: feeble Wicket Keeping: worthless
Batting: worthless Concentration: abysmal
Bowling: exquisite Consistency: masterful
Fielding: competent

Matt is an attacking RH Batsman, and an attacking RH finger spin Bowler. He has competent leadership skills and elite experience.

He currently has strong batting form, respectable bowling form and sublime fitness.

Plays For: Deep Backward Square Leg
Nationality: England
Battrick Rating: 91,166
Wages: £33,955 p/w
Stamina: superb* Wicket Keeping: worthless
Batting: remarkable Concentration: remarkable
Bowling: exceptional Consistency: wonderful
Fielding: abysmal

Pleased with my bit of business today.

Last edited:
I saw you with bids in on the TL, nice strengthening.

8. Eddy Knights - 27 yo, BT Rating=81,902, Wage=£27,833
A steady RH batsman and a steady RM bowler. He has feeble leadership skills and masterful experience. He has no preference and no trait.

Stamina: superb* Wicket Keeping: competent
Batting: exceptional Concentration: exquisite
Bowling: worthless Consistency: abysmal
Fielding: mediocre

That's me pretty much sorted for start of next season! :smile:

Last edited:
I had a bit of a disaster on the TM, decided to sell Findley to keep my wages in check as he'd been getting training all season and he was going to jump up by about £30k at least. Bad listing time and he ended up selling for £1.5m less than I bought him for. Was tempted to buy back but would only have ended up costing me a shedload in wages until I could sell him again. Did pick up a miraculous batting, masterful bowling all rounder though and still have cash in the bank.

Got a very set 12 man squad now, wage will be about £950k next season which is the limit of what is sustainable. All 12 almost at superb* so lots of nets to play around with next season, will just have to have the patience to find some train to sells on the market.

Selling Ridgeway as his wages are almost twice as much any of my other players, and am going to take some advice and find a good batsman with WK of around Proficient to Strong..

5. Lee Ridgway (3861756) Lee is a destructive RH Batsman, and a cautious RF Bowler. He has proficient leadership skills and quality experience.

Plays For: N-Trance shire
Nationality: South Africa
Battrick Rating: 206,436 (-1617)
Wages: £73,065 p/w

Stamina: superb* Wicket Keeping: remarkable
Batting: sensational Concentration: elite
Bowling: worthless Consistency: remarkable
Fielding: exceptional

if anyone wants to start the bidding please

I need a wicket keeper, he would be perfect but I suspect he'll go too high. Remarkable is fine for WK, only costs about £8k pw.

You'll need to start edging your wages up if you're going to get promoted, you need at least a couple of exquisites in there. I'd try and pick up a couple of 27/28 yos over the break when they're uber cheap.

Fellas, where would you advise I put my money and efforts in the close season?

Having spent the season giving continued nets to Squires and Eksteen, and training up Linde, Mcbean, Nanayakkara and Saiduddin, I face the possibility of entering the new season in 3 very tough divisions for the teams current ability.

It sounds negative but I would definitely try to throw your play off. You'll get a OD season of bots which will keep your confidece and therefore gates high despite what will no doubt be tough FC and BT20 games. FC you still have a good chance of picking up winnable games as you're only going to IX but in your early days the key is growth and that means winning games.

Play batsmen as bowlers and vice versa and TIE. Else you're likely to have another season of beatings in V next season as the two bots will probably be replaced by human teams.

Training wise I would keep your currrent players going. As your warchest grows you can start to think about selling them when they pop (presumably the single net guys are hitting proficient around now) and replacing with a player a level higher with better stamina. I find in that scenrio you can usually trade up for skill price and get the stamina for free, have been doing it with the franchise.

You also need to upgrade your stadium as it's selling out, guessing you must be up to about 1,200-1,400 members now? Probably need to take your stadium up to 25,000 minimum.

Somehow I managed to get in a promotion play-off. Took one look at the league above, and decided to try and throw. Playing a BOT, so using tactics as described above. Could be interesting...

got a playoff for my franchise, am tempted to go for the win, as level 2 in PNG looks just about sustainable, plus i got relegated in B20 so could do with the promotion to offset the members loss ue to that!

wish these d!cks would stop bidding on the player i want to buy, i want to go for lunch!

I mean, no problem with a counter bid, but do it straight away, dont let the deadline keep extending by 2 mins before you bid!

wish these d!cks would stop bidding on the player i want to buy, i want to go for lunch!

I mean, no problem with a counter bid, but do it straight away, dont let the deadline keep extending by 2 mins before you bid!
Haha, I know what you mean! Especially frustrating when you get to the final minute but the deadline is set to the second, deadline 15:29, time 15:29:40 and someone bids!

Triple promotion for my franchise which isn't ideal, if I'd thought it through I'd probably have held back on one of them. However we're advancing well so a good chance we'll be able to hold our own, especially in FC.

For the first time ever I'll be running with pretty much a £1m wagebill with the seniors next season, if I don't get double promotion it will be a failure. Fair chance I won't promote at all though! Picked up a reasonably cheap WK though, 30 yo exc/elite with remarkable WK for £980k. Will bat at 8 or 9 so low primary not an issue and only £30k wages.

Back