• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

According to the local Blackpool paper, agents fees were the reason that Barnetts move to Blackpool broke down, not personnal terms. On the same day Blackpool agreed a fee with Margate for a forward but this also broke down due to Blackpool refusing to pay outlandish agents fees.
Crawley also stand to gain £250,000 if the Stoke FA Cup game is televised live plus prize money, gate receipts etc that a 5th round cup game brings. They also pocketed £2,000,000'ish from last years FA Cup run.
What? he couldnt agree terms with a Championship side!? What an idiot.....

If they accepted it then why is he not for sale now ?

If crawley were to sell those two they would have made nearly 3 million in the window. Crikey.

I thought money was no object in terms of Crawley? It was all going to come crashing down around their ears at some point, maybe that point is closer than we thought if they are entertaining offers for their star players with promotion a probability.

Couldn't happen to a nicer club, I take no delight at all in seeing their team dismantled..... :smile:

Just spoke to a Crawley Season Ticket holder in the office. Evans has come out on their site and categorically stated no-one else is leaving, and the owners have turned down the £1m plus bids, and told the bidders to do their business elsewhere. He also said that the reason the deals to bring in a replacement are breaking down (Nouble/Kee/etc) is because of the reputation Crawley have of being the Man City of L2. The players/agents are trying to hold them to ransom with outrageous demands, and the deals are falling through as the owners aren't accepting the terms.

It's their own fault, they've put themselves on the map with their spending their way out of the Conference and to the top of this league. Evans being in charge adds to it. In fact, the fact that he and di Clownio are so trappy has been of massive benefit to us and Cheltenham, especially during this window. With them drawing all the attention (both positive and negative) with their rants and ramblings; it's allowing us to pass through the transfer window seemingly unnoticed.

Crawley have signed Striker Billy Clarke from Blackpool. Could that mean bye bye Barnett?

Just spoke to a Crawley Season Ticket holder in the office. Evans has come out on their site

Obviously inspired by last night's BBC3 offering Britain's Gay Footballers. Fair play to him for finally accepting his sexuality - mind you that bleach-blond hair, guyliner and proximity to Brighton were always a pretty big give-away.

Doubt it. Clarke seems to have rejected Championship and League One clubs for Crawley ...... hmmmm

http://www.crawleyobserver.co.uk/sp...awley_sign_blackpool_striker_clarke_1_3472419

He said: “ The manager has been brilliant and he is a huge reason why I have come here.
“I had a number of offers from League 1 and one from a Championship club but I always came back to thinking this was the club for me.”

Translated : "They're paying me more"

It's their own fault, they've put themselves on the map with their spending their way out of the Conference and to the top of this league.

Spending our way to the top of this league? How's that?

Even before the transfer window, we'd sold Thomas to Bournemouth for £175,000 and bought Barnett from Macc for £150,000. Net profit of £25,000. i.e. Not spending.

After the window, well, £800,000 for Tubbs and prob spent £250,000 on Clarke. Net profit of circa £500,000. Not spending again.

Peterborough's bid for McFadzean/Barnett - £1.9million. Rejected.

Shows how much we need the cash. Not quite the crisis that a few on here have been desperate to uncover.

Even before the transfer window, we'd sold Thomas to Bournemouth for £175,000 and bought Barnett from Macc for £150,000. Net profit of £25,000. i.e. Not spending.

After the window, well, £800,000 for Tubbs and prob spent £250,000 on Clarke. Net profit of circa £500,000. Not spending again.

Shows how much we need the cash. Not quite the crisis that a few on here have been desperate to uncover.

The net profit on Tubbs does not include your initial outlay , Did you go to the same accounting school as your manager

Quote the post correctly and then add the fees/salaries/under the counter bungs (y'know the ones Evans just loves doing) paid to get out of the conference IIRC 250k for Tubbs (a conference record) which I believe you then topped a few weeks later .

I think you mean gross profit if anything! £800,000 is crazy and I highly doubt it is that much upfront, but more likely £400-500k tops upfront. Would also like to see the "wages" you're currently spending on players. The fact you can reject a £1.9m bid for 2 players, which I again doubt is all upfront, but likely a small amount up front and rising to that much after some crazy amount of clauses, shows you clearly have the money there.

Also this "crisis" you speak of came from your club, after one of your directors (correct me if I'm wrong) said that they may have to sell if attendances don't improve due to the wage cap. After you rejected that bid, that means either:

a) Attendances have improved.
b) Clarke's wage is significantly less than Tubb's.
c) He was sprouting bollocks to bring in the crowds.

Currently, your average attendance is 3181, and hasn't improved much since your director's statement, therefore A can not be true and/or C hasn't worked.

As for B, I highly doubt Tubbs was on a lot, and I do wonder what deal Clarke & his agent got if he apparently turned down moved to Championship and League One clubs, and I'm sure Sheffield United would have been one.

I've no qualms with any financial issues,whether you're being bankrolled at the mo or not. Just interested to see if your small club is still here in 20 seasons time as to me you seem to give the impression you are a kind of Aldershot.

Back