• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Pubey

I've tried to match players who have come in/left by their position, and then by their age/squad role (e.g. young prospect rather than guaranteed starter). I've not included Moussa or Paul Smith

In - 9 players
Out - 9 players

Goalkeepers:
- Oxley replaces Bentley - jury is out on whether Oxley is good enough to start, let alone be anywhere near the quality of Bentley. However this was to be expected. Oxley is unlikely to have any sale value. Downgrade
Overall - Downgrade

Full back:
- We haven't lost any fullbacks (O'Neill, White, Coker).
- We've gained Demetriou, who is likely to be an upgrade on O'Neill and White, but leaves us with three RB's which is unbalanced.
- Kyprianou is progressing nicely and could be genuine cover for Coker.
Overall - Strengthened

Centre back:

- Significant changes here.
- Bolger (young prospect) replaced by Sokolik. Personally I thought Bolger was pretty decent on the pitch and Sokolik has stalled somewhat. I'd expect Sokolik to get limited minutes going forward and to be 4th choice. I'll rate this as a Downgrade
- Prosser (experienced squad player) replaced by Anton Ferdinand. If Ferdinand can get fit then looks a significant upgrade
- Ryan Inniss (loan) is a gain, and appears a good prospect. Has L1 experience and will provide competition. Contract with CP expires at the end of the season.Upgrade
Overall - Strengthened

Centre midfield:
- Payne replaced by Adam King. Downgrade, although the finances received from the EPPP will offset that. King doesn't appear to offer the same attacking and goalscoring threat, although is clearly talented. Downgrade
- Deegan has left which leaves us a player shorter in CM compared to last season
Overall - Downgrade

Wide midfield:
- Worrall replaced by McGlashan. Jury is out on McGlashan, but he doesn't appear to have the goal threat or energy of Worrall. Downgrade
- We've lost Hurst although the return of a fit McLaughlin (for now) offsets that (fully?).
- If we want to play with wide men we are very short.
Overall - Downgrade

Strikers:
- Hunt replaced by Cox. Significant upgrade
- We've gained Nile Ranger, who has already shown his quality and appears to be a good addition for when he's fit. Upgrade
- We're still very light up front with only 2 current fit first-team quality strikers.
Overall - Strengthened

I've tried to match players who have come in/left by their position, and then by their age/squad role (e.g. young prospect rather than guaranteed starter). I've not included Moussa or Paul Smith

In - 9 players
Out - 9 players

Goalkeepers:
- Oxley replaces Bentley - jury is out on whether Oxley is good enough to start, let alone be anywhere near the quality of Bentley. However this was to be expected. Oxley is unlikely to have any sale value. Downgrade
Overall - Downgrade

Full back:
- We haven't lost any fullbacks (O'Neill, White, Coker).
- We've gained Demetriou, who is likely to be an upgrade on O'Neill and White, but leaves us with three RB's which is unbalanced.
- Kyprianou is progressing nicely and could be genuine cover for Coker.
Overall - Strengthened

Centre back:

- Significant changes here.
- Bolger (young prospect) replaced by Sokolik. Personally I thought Bolger was pretty decent on the pitch and Sokolik has stalled somewhat. I'd expect Sokolik to get limited minutes going forward and to be 4th choice. I'll rate this as a Downgrade
- Prosser (experienced squad player) replaced by Anton Ferdinand. If Ferdinand can get fit then looks a significant upgrade
- Ryan Inniss (loan) is a gain, and appears a good prospect. Has L1 experience and will provide competition. Contract with CP expires at the end of the season.Upgrade
Overall - Strengthened

Centre midfield:
- Payne replaced by Adam King. Downgrade, although the finances received from the EPPP will offset that. King doesn't appear to offer the same attacking and goalscoring threat, although is clearly talented. Downgrade
- Deegan has left which leaves us a player shorter in CM compared to last season
Overall - Downgrade

Wide midfield:
- Worrall replaced by McGlashan. Jury is out on McGlashan, but he doesn't appear to have the goal threat or energy of Worrall. Downgrade
- We've lost Hurst although the return of a fit McLaughlin (for now) offsets that (fully?).
- If we want to play with wide men we are very short.
Overall - Downgrade

Strikers:
- Hunt replaced by Cox. Significant upgrade
- We've gained Nile Ranger, who has already shown his quality and appears to be a good addition for when he's fit. Upgrade
- We're still very light up front with only 2 current fit first-team quality strikers.
Overall - Strengthened
A fair assessment. Worryingly we have possibly lost strength in midfield when we should be stronger or at least equal in every department, and that is down to the manager................Who would probably completely disagree.

I meant to include about 'squad value'. I think only Cox is likely to have any significant value next summer (2 year deal, quality player, but will be 30 then). If Ted Smith breaks through then he may be a sellable asset as well. I'm slightly worried that we could get into a situation where each season we require a 9 player turnover, which doesn't seem efficient or well thought through.

It was a dissapointing transfer window.
I do think we are a slightly weaker squad, than this time last year.
Stronger NOW at the back in the Middle and hopefully better at defending set pieces, but weaker in the goalkeeping department.
Midfield Weaker especially with Worrall going and to a lesser extent Hurst, but we still have Ryan, and Wordsworth when fit..
Payne will be a miss but i still say good on him at Huddersfield but we still had to play too his strength's
Up Front better but we need a extra person probally.
HOWEVER there are still players without a contract that could come in.
The competiotion for places is the weak point compared to last year

The midfield is definitely weaker than last year but once Timlin and Woody are back (and if they can stay fit :unsure:), I'm sure that will make a huge difference. Their "on the pitch" advice and coaching for players like Bridge and Kyprianou will be invaluable.

The midfield is definitely weaker than last year but once Timlin and Woody are back (and if they can stay fit :unsure:), I'm sure that will make a huge difference. Their "on the pitch" advice and coaching for players like Bridge and Kyprianou will be invaluable.

I've read this a lot....Timlin absolutely we need him back, but I'm not sure what impact Wordsworth will have...he's undoubtedly a talented player, but he's ****ing lazy. I'm not sure Wordsworth is the answer in a struggling team.

edit...though of course we're better off with him fit than unfit....

I've read this a lot....Timlin absolutely we need him back, but I'm not sure what impact Wordsworth will have...he's undoubtedly a talented player, but he's ****ing lazy. I'm not sure Wordsworth is the answer in a struggling team.

edit...though of course we're better off with him fit than unfit....

Goals from midfield. They sure aren't coming from anywhere else. Wordsworth gives us that but for me he's too lazy to play in a midfield four.

Goals from midfield. They sure aren't coming from anywhere else. Wordsworth gives us that but for me he's too lazy to play in a midfield four.

If we play 352/532 then we'd have the cover needed for Wordsworth to be the attacking midfielder we need as the other two centre mid could play behind him. That said, he needs to play a lot more than last season....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Don't forget we also had Barnett, Loza, Kamara, McQueen (I know loan players) but squad had more depth and cover. So we are definitely weaker this season

Id say Cox is a significant downgrade on Hunt at the moment on performances but when fully fit and comfortable in the side it has the potential to be an upgrade. Hunt looked instantly a cut above when he started where as Cox has really struggled to get involved in games.

Back