• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

bazzashrimper

Director
With the transfer window due to open on jan 1st, and a gap in our 20 due to keirnan returning to Wigan, is there any chance we may see a new face in tomorrow's squad? Gomis perhaps?

With the transfer window due to open on jan 1st, and a gap in our 20 due to keirnan returning to Wigan, is there any chance we may see a new face in tomorrow's squad? Gomis perhaps?

Isnt he a midfielder? Would prefer we get Kiernan back or another CB in rather than another midfielder, the one area we are not short in. When does Thompson loan run out? Also might we see Reid go, not worth having him the sqaud if he isnt going to play, that would then free up another salary and place in the squad.

Not sure how it works under this embargo. Keirnan I thought was brought in as an emergency due to our lack of cover in that department?
The rules about who you can sign and for what reasons seem very unclear, but we do need extra cover there. Bennett may not recover, Phillips is made of glass but another striker too would be nice.

I thought we had signed Woodrow for the season?
I'd like a Keirnan replacement and I wouldn't mind seeing Reid go and the Watford lad Uche Ikpeazu brought in on loan, think that would do us in all honesty.

As far as I'm aware we did indeed extend Woodrow's loan till the end of the season.

Woodrow is here for the season. Keirnan has obviously gone back and Thompson's loan expires in January I believe. I'm not sure whether Brown will want to extend that one as he hasn't had too much game time, so we may seen a new loanee come in to fill that gap.

I'd be interested to know what we are paying Reid. He was one of Aldershot's top earners (circa 1.5k pw) so he may well be on decent whack here. Smith is also going to be on a good wage so we may see either of those shipped out somewhere which would free up 2 more spaces and some space in the budget (by shipped out, I mean loaned old/ another club takes over the contract - we can't afford to just 'release them' i'd suspect).

I was lead to believe Keirnan was not a emergency loan hence the reason Phil brown was hoping to loan him until the end of the season .But sadly cant see that happening now .So hopfully we will be able to bring in another loan . Or maybe two or three if player go back to there clubs or PB releases some from there contracts .

Get rid of Reid & Smith , get Kiernan back + Assombalonga-esque Striker ! Fast and strong

I'd still like to see us sign Paul Benson who is banging them in for Luton. So many times we have said no to him, either that or Jake Hyde at Barnet.

I'd still like to see us sign Paul Benson who is banging them in for Luton. So many times we have said no to him, either that or Jake Hyde at Barnet.
Paul Benson would be a great signing for the club as he seems to score were ever he goes ,and his goals here could be the difference for promotion for us , plus it would be a dream come true for his dad Charlie if he scored the goal that took us up .

Kiernan was on again as a sub for Wigan so there seems to be a future there for him (unless he is covering for injuries).

As people have said I can't see a future for Reid ........... so 1 defender and 1 striker would be good ......... except when was the last time we (SUFC) made a good January signing?*

* I'm sure the names will roll in now ...........

Rosler had Kiernan on loan at Brentford I believe so will know him already. That said, I'd be surprised if Kiernan is ready for championship football.

We need some extra bodies in defence and I agree another forward would be nice - but clearly they need to add something - no point in having another Craig Read.

Agree with others that it would be nice to offload Smith and Read - I'm guessing we have the 2 best keepers in the division currently!

Kiernan was on again as a sub for Wigan so there seems to be a future there for him (unless he is covering for injuries).

As people have said I can't see a future for Reid ........... so 1 defender and 1 striker would be good ......... except when was the last time we (SUFC) made a good January signing?*

* I'm sure the names will roll in now ...........

We've made plenty of great January signings; Michael Spillane, Elliot Benyon, Dave Martin and Jack Sampson to name but a few.

My worry for this transfer window is the players that could leave for too small money and be far harder to replace; Dan, Ben Coker, Lennie, Hursty. Our biggest signings will hopefully be getting them all re-contracted.

Benson would be a good player to sign,on a season long loan from Swindon,Luton wont let him leave as he is very important player to them,Loves working for John Still as well.Shame as it would have been nice to see him in a southend utd shirt.Cant see it happening now to be honest.

Would it? That seems a little short-sighted to me. What if Benters hurts a finger or get man-flu. Smith is great back-up surely.

Then we get an emergency loan keeper in. I think the point is that Smith is probably one of our higher earners and Ted Smith could sit in his space on the bench so his wages could be better spent elsewhere

Back