• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

transfers

matt_billericay

Although we can not sign players anymore, if they are not wanted by their club, and we show an intrest the club can terminate their contracts allowing us to sign them up. I would possibly like us to look at Rogers at Forest, who isnt getting a look in, and would probably prefere to play first team football for a season . Depending on how high his wages are of course.

Funnily enough, my friends who support Leicester and Derby said that Rodgers was the worst left back they had ever seen.

Bear in mind that both of these came to Cardiff to watch the first LDV final....

sad.gif

yeah, after my post i did some more research and the reviews were far from flattering, turns out what used to be in my opinion a promising left back is now overweight and lazy !!
Just i feel that although che is undoubtadly improving, we do need another left back, weather it be to challenge che or replace him. However this is not to say that che is not needed at the club as he is a very decent player, and with our small squad his versitility will be valuble.

i say the left back argument has been worn out.

super cheeeeeeese is the man

[b said:
Quote[/b] (southend4ever @ Sep. 01 2005,22:32)]i say the left back argument has been worn out.

super cheeeeeeese is the man
And if he gets injured we'll do what...?

yeh che is doing a good job but this is the only position in the team which we do not have any cover / competetion for !

If Che did ever get injured im pretty sure Hunt would do any adequate job, especially as Jupp is back to fitness.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (The General @ Sep. 02 2005,00:14)]If Che did ever get injured im pretty sure Hunt would do any adequate job, especially as Jupp is back to fitness.
Exactly what I was thinking.

Surely Mark Wright has signed now to offer cover for Che - I understood he has signed for a year. Is that not correct ?

Nothing was ever confirmed about him, not him signing a deal and not him being released.

'Mark Wright' didn't actually exist. He was made up by the club in a ploy to make us think they were interested in signing players.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (matt_billericay @ Sep. 01 2005,18:22)]Although we can not sign players anymore, if they are not wanted by their club, and we show an intrest the club can terminate their contracts allowing us to sign them up.
No they/we cannot. See my post in the "Andy Edwards" thread.

Back