• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Matt the Shrimp

aka Harry Potter
Good job we're at Upton Park tonight... if, however, anyone was thinking of getting to London via ONE's services... erm, don't!

We've just had this travel advisory delivered to us at work:

<span style='color:blue'>Due to a major lineside fire near Romford Station, no trains are currently able to run through Romford. Train services from London are being held at Liverpool Street. Mainline services to London are being terminated at Shenfield. A shuttle is in operation between Whitham and Braintree, bus replacement from Wickford to Southminster branch

Route affected is London Liverpool St to Stratford - Romford - Upminster/Southend/CHelmsford - Colchester - Manningtree

All services are suspended whilst the fire service deal with a lineside fire in the Romford area involving gas cylinders</span>

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Matt the Shrimp @ Aug. 24 2004,18:02)]Good job we're at Upton Park tonight... if, however, anyone was thinking of getting to London via ONE's services... erm, don't!

<span style='color:blue'>Due to a major lineside fire near Romford Station, no trains are currently able to run through Romford.  Train services from London are being held at Liverpool Street. Mainline services to London are being terminated at Shenfield.  A shuttle is in operation between Whitham and Braintree, bus replacement from Wickford to Southminster branch

Route affected is London Liverpool St to Stratford - Romford - Upminster/Southend/CHelmsford - Colchester - Manningtree

All services are suspended whilst the fire service deal with a lineside fire in the Romford area involving gas cylinders</span>
My old man told me that he heard that Hollywoods was on fire and thats what the problem was. Called me bruv and told him to get the c2c as I am meeting him @ Westham Jubilee station

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Matt the Shrimp @ Aug. 24 2004,18:02)]Good job we're at Upton Park tonight... if, however, anyone was thinking of getting to London via ONE's services... erm, don't!

<span style='color:blue'>Due to a major lineside fire near Romford Station, no trains are currently able to run through Romford.  Train services from London are being held at Liverpool Street. Mainline services to London are being terminated at Shenfield.  A shuttle is in operation between Whitham and Braintree, bus replacement from Wickford to Southminster branch

If police alsatians can jump through hoops of fire without singing their fur then I am sure that a train doing 70mph can pass a minor trackside blaze without sustaining damage.

Personally, I would be more than happy to take the risk in order to get home in time and I think it would bring a little bit of excitement into the lives of those on board. I would imagine that it would be like being on one of those expensive American theme park rides.

I hate train delays because they are stealing a part of my life that can never be replaced.

Back