• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Travel news for Saturday 3rd Jan - Stop Gaza Massacre demonstration

Mad Cyril

The Fresh Prince of Belfairs⭐⭐
A Chelsea supporting colleague reckons this protest which is assembling at Embankment at 12:30 might cause some delays tomorrow.

Protest info

I'm passing it on because I would hate any shrimpers to miss one or more of our goals tomorrow.

Cheers.

For those of us that are rubbish with London transport, ie me, is this really likely to affect us going from Tower Hill to Fulham Broadway on the tube?

For those of us that are rubbish with London transport, ie me, is this really likely to affect us going from Tower Hill to Fulham Broadway on the tube?

It shouldn't do, but it could depend on what time you are travelling. I intend to be secured to the bar in the Slug & Lettuce by midday.

I have some sympathy for the protesters here. I genuinely believe that, while his brief foray into management was unsuccessful, the fella has had some pretty rough press. He was never the same player after 'that' tackle and people should lay off him a little.

I have some sympathy for the protesters here. I genuinely believe that, while his brief foray into management was unsuccessful, the fella has had some pretty rough press. He was never the same player after 'that' tackle and people should lay off him a little.

May have gently meandered over some heads on here but i chuckled at it !

From the same site:

"Following Saturday’s national demonstration, there will be a mass protest outside the Israeli Embassy from 4.00 – 6.00 pm.
Please join if you are attending the national demonstration.
Saturday 3 January 4 - 6pm
Kensington High Street
(Nearest tube High Street Kensington)"

From my experience, a butterfly beating its wings in the Amazonion rain forest can affect the tube, so don't be surprised if something closer to home does too.

Quite. My inclination would be to avoid Embankment or High Street Kensington any time after midday.

Unless you wish to protest about Gaza that is.

If any nasty lager lout white Essex trash football supporters stop me getting to this demonstration and enjoying my homemade falafel lunch I will not be happy.

I suspect there'll be a massacre of sorts a few tube stops up the way too...

Ha, sad thing is I actually read this as Gazza for a second and had to do a double take.

Ha, sad thing is I actually read this as Gazza for a second and had to do a double take.

Don't worry you are not the only one.
This morning when I saw Gazza on the front page of the Echo I thought he had finally died!!
Wonder what the odds are of Gazza seeing out 2009. Not good I think.

During Paul Gascoigne's spell at Middlesbrough, a Palestinian visitor to Teesside collapsed with a heart attack in Middlesbrough Town Centre. He was taken to the local hospital but died. The medical staff were able to identify and contact his family from some details he had on him.
When his family came over and were ushered in to see the deceased they were horrified to see him laid out in the morgue wearing a Boro top, shirt, socks and footy boots.
When they demanded to know the meaning of this outrage, the doctors advised them that instructions found on his person indicated he wished to be buried in the Gazza strip.

Coat on, out of here and on my way to Stamford Bridge!

Back