• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

'Travellers' antics at Canvey & Southend during the weekend.

Just read the Echo's story of the above, disgusting. How come these 'people' can leave a site and be allowed to leave behind a mountain of rubbish, and no one gets arrested?.
As for what happened in the Bell at Southend, can you imagine a group of locals behaving like that and no one getting nicked?. Imagine if you'd been in there with your kids when that happened.
I find it incredible in this day & age that a small number of individuals can cause mass unrest to large communities (referring to early closures of premises on Canvey) and nothings done about it!.
Any idea where these pond lifes are now?.
Should round them all up, take them down to the end of the Pier, tie them in hessian sacks, and chuck them over the side.
Sad thing is, will probably be more do-gooders on here prattling on about human rights, and my last comment, than commenting about the disruption they caused.

The point BBBL is trying to make is that myself and a few of my mates went into a pub and terrorised the punters and staff then the police would be down there like a shot and we would be arrested for affray. What annoys people is that it seems to be one rule for us, general law abiding public, and no rules for these travellers

I can't think of any other group of thugs that could terrorise staff and people peacefully eating and drinking in The Bell, and go around stealing drinks and arguing amongst themselves, just after having punch ups on Canvey, and be let off scott free.
The police seem terrified of them, and are always happy just to see them leave town. It's pathetic and just gives them licence to do it again.

This is a massive problem nation wide. They go en masse to pubs and spend a awful lot of money (at first anyway) Problem usually comes about around chucking out time. Huge round is ordered and would you believe it, they don't pay!!!
What's more they've ordered so many drinks that they spend hours after the last bell in the pub threatening staff to serve them more, demanding money from the till etc etc.
Police aren't really scared it's just there are usually so many of them it would cause a major incident to deal with them. Just how many police do you think are out there?
So what's the solution then? Hard pressed landlords to turn them away as soon as they walk in the door ? not easy to do when how many pubs is it closing by the day?
Happened in my local in South Woodford, caused huge problems, couple of the young girls behind the bar so traumatised by the whole thing they left. The area manager praised the landlord as profits were up!

I proposed a solution to this problem, but I feel it was deemed overly robust by the site's moderators. The 'Travellers' have ingeniously hijacked the narrative of a 'repressed minority' when they are just a criminal gang who may share some common ethnic heritage. If I go around with a bunch of mates who are all of English/Canadian/American descent, and we tear up a pub and terrorize our fellow citizens, will our shared descent grant us immunity from the law?

I proposed a solution to this problem, but I feel it was deemed overly robust by the site's moderators. The 'Travellers' have ingeniously hijacked the narrative of a 'repressed minority' when they are just a criminal gang who may share some common ethnic heritage. If I go around with a bunch of mates who are all of English/Canadian/American descent, and we tear up a pub and terrorize our fellow citizens, will our shared descent grant us immunity from the law?
Only if your car is not taxed, don't have any morals,and your favourite tipple is Guiness and coke in a pint glass.

This is a massive problem nation wide. They go en masse to pubs and spend a awful lot of money (at first anyway) Problem usually comes about around chucking out time. Huge round is ordered and would you believe it, they don't pay!!!
What's more they've ordered so many drinks that they spend hours after the last bell in the pub threatening staff to serve them more, demanding money from the till etc etc.
Police aren't really scared it's just there are usually so many of them it would cause a major incident to deal with them. Just how many police do you think are out there?
So what's the solution then? Hard pressed landlords to turn them away as soon as they walk in the door ? not easy to do when how many pubs is it closing by the day?
Happened in my local in South Woodford, caused huge problems, couple of the young girls behind the bar so traumatised by the whole thing they left. The area manager praised the landlord as profits were up!

If you watch the police training TV program, one of the police's favourite quotes is 'We are the biggest gang in Britain.' It's to give police cadets confidence and courage. They are told that they can outnumber any group or gang up to about 100 very quickly.
I'm afraid the police are scared of them, they tend to move on rather than arrest. If they started arresting and charging, maybe it would save the next town or place they invade a lot of trouble.
This is what annoys a lot of people, different rules.
If you let your child be absent from school too many times, you the parent will be hauled up, warned and heavily fined. The travellers children are absent far more, and yet nothing happens. If you take your child on holiday during school time, you will be warned and heavily fined. The Travellers can take their child on a 'work' tour as the adult males do their roofing, gardening and front drives and paving etc etc 'work.' They take them for a few months to places like Rathkeale in Ireland where the have extra homes and family............ No fines.
The Travellers children just leave school when they or the parents feel like it, normally at 14 years old. The girls help more with cooking and housework on the caravans and mobile homes. etc. The males start going on the town tours learning the males 'work.' .................No fines.
You take your child out of school at 14, and see what happens.

Be careful and best of luck if you have your Caravan or mobile home stolen by Travellers. Your human rights, all other rights and all normal laws about theft and handling stolen goods won't come into it.
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...rotect-human-rights-travellers-living-it.html
Scandalous. Our police are pathetic.

Just read the article. Lost for words, makes you want to scream. Can you imagine going back to the days when the likes of 'Bill Gosling' were coppers?. He'd have sorted it out in half hour!.

Be careful and best of luck if you have your Caravan or mobile home stolen by Travellers. Your human rights, all other rights and all normal laws about theft and handling stolen goods won't come into it.
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...rotect-human-rights-travellers-living-it.html

That was over a year ago. Is there any other follow up to this story, I cant seem to find any.
Surely you would insure a £30k caravan, actually I see it was a 2007 caravan and even though they had spent £10k on improvements (is that really possible to spend that much improving a caravan?) I doubt it would have been worth 30k in 2013

That was over a year ago. Is there any other follow up to this story, I cant seem to find any.
Surely you would insure a £30k caravan, actually I see it was a 2007 caravan and even though they had spent £10k on improvements (is that really possible to spend that much improving a caravan?) I doubt it would have been worth 30k in 2013

I think you're missing the point. Who cares what it was worth, obviously exaggerated by the couple. It's the fact that the toothless police let the Travellers keep a stolen caravan, and they find an excuse to let them keep it.
Do you think they would let you or I keep a stolen caravan?

does not happen here in Germany, "travellers" would not be allowed.Never seen one in Germany,maybe because of past history.BUt it would not be tolerated here,by the citizens or by the police. last week,for the first time (that ive read),in Wuppertal,northern Germany,people have been doing(whats been happening in a few towns in England) , this SCHARIA law,people walking around telling you not to drink beer,cover womens faces,etc, the Germans are quite rightly shocked by this,all politcal sides agree & this group-political party, will now be made illegal.They act very quick & hard here..Also saw on tv today,about migrants try to get into England,from Calais...the French blame us (Brits), because we are too soft..i.e benefits..all so sad

There is a film here crying out to be mad , Liam Nielsons character Bryan Mills from the Taken films goes to a traverlers camp and gets the caravan back single handed .:smile:

Last edited:
does not happen here in Germany, "travellers" would not be allowed.Never seen one in Germany,maybe because of past history.BUt it would not be tolerated here,by the citizens or by the police. last week,for the first time (that ive read),in Wuppertal,northern Germany,people have been doing(whats been happening in a few towns in England) , this SCHARIA law,people walking around telling you not to drink beer,cover womens faces,etc, the Germans are quite rightly shocked by this,all politcal sides agree & this group-political party, will now be made illegal.They act very quick & hard here..Also saw on tv today,about migrants try to get into England,from Calais...the French blame us (Brits), because we are too soft..i.e benefits..all so sad

A couple of years ago, a German told me they have problems with the amount of Turks now in the country?.

Remember, Germany has signed up for the Schengen agreement-as has France-allowing for the free movement of EU citizens across European borders-the UK hasn't.

Doesn't seem to be working all that well for the UK,does it?

http://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2014/sep/07/nato-fences-summit-calais-illegal-immigrants

You really get a kick out of all this don't you? As Howard quite rightly pointed out, protocol says that sanctuary should be sought in the first safe country. The UK is quite plainly not the first and Calais is still in France the last time I looked.

You really get a kick out of all this don't you? As Howard quite rightly pointed out, protocol says that sanctuary should be sought in the first safe country. The UK is quite plainly not the first and Calais is still in France the last time I looked.

Sympathetic as I am to the plight of asylum seekers in Calais,I was thinking more of how well the Schengen agreement works for the citizens of those countries who've signed up for it.

For instance, not once in the last ten years have my wife or I been asked to show our passport/identity card at the Spanish/French borders.

Sympathetic as I am to the plight of asylum seekers in Calais,I was thinking more of how well the Schengen agreement works for the citizens of those countries who've signed up for it.

For instance, not once in the last ten years have my wife or I been asked to show our passport/identity card at the Spanish/French borders.
Thats only because you both have a T10 ticket.

If you were black or of North African extraction and wearing a tracksuit I am sure you would have been asked for your credentials.

Then perhaps you should have provided a link that was relevant to the Schengen Agreement rather than one relating to the problems at Calais.

Thats only because you both have a T10 ticket.

Ha! I was talking about driving over the border.

Then perhaps you should have provided a link that was relevant to the Schengen Agreement rather than one relating to the problems at Calais.

What's happening at Calais is relevant to the Schengen agreement (or at least Britain's refusal to sign up for it).

Back