• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

'Travellers' antics at Canvey & Southend during the weekend.

please,what is the schengen plan????Is that about border checks???

Free movement of EU citizens. The UK have never signed up to it, hence we still have to go through passport checks airports.

the Germans are also having big problems with asylum seekers at the moment,they say they are coming from Italy.But a German m.p ,wants to bring back border controls( on the radio today),but doubt if it will happen

when you fly from England to Germany,you must go through border controls ,everytime..maybe they are trying to wind us up??Must always show passport

when you fly from England to Germany,you must go through border controls ,everytime..maybe they are trying to wind us up??Must always show passport

That's because the UK hasn't signed up to Schengen, (unlike Germany).You'll have noticed that citizens of most other civilised European nations, which have signed up for Schengen, only need to show their identity card ( not passport),when travelling in Europe,when they go through border controls.

That's because the UK hasn't signed up to Schengen, (unlike Germany).You'll have noticed that citizens of most other civilised European nations, which have signed up for Schengen, only need to show their identity card ( not passport),when travelling in Europe,when they go through border controls.

We don't have identity cards, so would we have to show our passports anyway?

Logically,although the UK doesn't even accept the identity cards of its own nationals living in other EU states (like me).

Go figure.

No idea. However, I do believe it was Thatcher that wanted to bring in identity cards (mainly to combat football hooliganism) but pretty much everyone else in the country was against it.

Assuming most people are still against identity cards, then there really is no need (or benefit) for us to sign up.

No idea. However, I do believe it was Thatcher that wanted to bring in identity cards (mainly to combat football hooliganism) but pretty much everyone else in the country was against it.

Assuming most people are still against identity cards, then there really is no need (or benefit) for us to sign up.

I've never really understood the (so-called) libertarian argument against ID cards.

Personally,(as a freelance), I find my ID card very useful when asking for receipts/proving my identity etc.

Last edited:
I've never qreally understood the (so-called) libertarian argument against ID cards.

Personally,(as a freelance), I find my ID card very useful when asking for receipts/proving my identity etc.

Me neither. There are some good practical arguments however, such as the cost, and why we need an identity card when we have a passport anyway.

Not saying I agree with them, but the arguments against don't just focus on civil rights.

Not everyone has a passport. However, I think the objections (mine included) were to do with the way it was presented. It wasn't just football fans that Thatcher saw as the enemy within and her motives on this (as everything) were questionable and clouded the debate.

Back