• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

'Travellers' antics at Canvey & Southend during the weekend.

Billy Bests boot laces

President⭐⭐
Just read the Echo's story of the above, disgusting. How come these 'people' can leave a site and be allowed to leave behind a mountain of rubbish, and no one gets arrested?.
As for what happened in the Bell at Southend, can you imagine a group of locals behaving like that and no one getting nicked?. Imagine if you'd been in there with your kids when that happened.
I find it incredible in this day & age that a small number of individuals can cause mass unrest to large communities (referring to early closures of premises on Canvey) and nothings done about it!.
Any idea where these pond lifes are now?.
Should round them all up, take them down to the end of the Pier, tie them in hessian sacks, and chuck them over the side.
Sad thing is, will probably be more do-gooders on here prattling on about human rights, and my last comment, than commenting about the disruption they caused.

Problem with people posting info up then deciding in advance what other people's reaction will be - it kind of negates any reason to reply. interesting to know that this has happened, sounds like they should be arrested for fly tipping and you would be arrested for at least the same if you followed through with you proposed solution.

Problem with people posting info up then deciding in advance what other people's reaction will be - it kind of negates any reason to reply. interesting to know that this has happened, sounds like they should be arrested for fly tipping and you would be arrested for at least the same if you followed through with you proposed solution.

I'd like to think that any post would share the outrage of what's occurred, but for some reason, some individuals seem to side with these people.
As for me getting arrested, reading the sentences dished out these days for a multitude of sins, i'd probably get a 6 month community order!

Just read the Echo's story of the above, disgusting. How come these 'people' can leave a site and be allowed to leave behind a mountain of rubbish, and no one gets arrested?.
As for what happened in the Bell at Southend, can you imagine a group of locals behaving like that and no one getting nicked?. Imagine if you'd been in there with your kids when that happened.
I find it incredible in this day & age that a small number of individuals can cause mass unrest to large communities (referring to early closures of premises on Canvey) and nothings done about it!.
Should round them all up, take them down to the end of the Pier, tie them in hessian sacks, and chuck them over the side.
Sad thing is, will probably be more do-gooders on here prattling on about human rights, and my last comment, than commenting about the disruption they caused.
Now ,now you are being a racist .:smile:

I can't think of any other group of thugs that could terrorise staff and people peacefully eating and drinking in The Bell, and go around stealing drinks and arguing amongst themselves, just after having punch ups on Canvey, and be let off scott free.
The police seem terrified of them, and are always happy just to see them leave town. It's pathetic and just gives them licence to do it again.

I'd like to think that any post would share the outrage of what's occurred, but for some reason, some individuals seem to side with these people.
As for me getting arrested, reading the sentences dished out these days for a multitude of sins, i'd probably get a 6 month community order!

Just because people don't get outraged at things doesn't mean they support it!

Yes they should get done for fly tipping. I'm not going to lose much sleep over it and I'll get outraged by other things, such as the pedestrianisation of Norwich City Centre.

I'd tread carefully if I was you BBBL, the last time I mentioned travellers I was accused of being in favour of ethnic cleansing.

Last edited by a moderator:
The comments section of the Evening Echo reflects very badly on the region.

The readers of all newspaper comments always reflect badly on humanity.

How most of the people that post on there have access to computers I dont know.

It depends on who you criticise. If you are criticising the group of people involved then no body will disagree with you, they are clearly scumbags.

It's if you generalise and say it's because they are travellers that it's a problem.

I can't think of any other group of thugs that could terrorise staff and people peacefully eating and drinking in The Bell, and go around stealing drinks and arguing amongst themselves, just after having punch ups on Canvey, and be let off scott free.
The police seem terrified of them, and are always happy just to see them leave town. It's pathetic and just gives them licence to do it again.

I have always imagined The Bell to be quite a rough pub irrespective of traveler invasions.

Then don't make a comment that distracts from the point you're trying to make.

Why 'nit-pick'?. Instead of picking fault with my comment, just give your opinion on what occurred?. No need for anything else.

You said in your post that you expected people to comment on your final sentence rather than how badly behaved the travellers had been. All I did was explain to you how to stop that happening.

Not really sure what was wrong with that.

We have problems up here in Yorkshire. Twice a year a group of Travellers decamp in Shipley station car park causing huge disruption to commuters and a fair amount of rubbish to be cleaned up afterwards. What really annoys me is that the transport police have an office at the station yet do nothing about the problem, but they are out in force if the Bradford Bulls or Bradford City are at home.

Back