• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Treat for the Boo boys!!

Ricey

I’m a Mod, that’s unpossible⭐⭐
Staff member
I have just realised who plays for Walsall!!

Tommy Mooney!!

Looks like its going to be another entertaining game for all the idiots that like to boo ex players. He will score against us to if you boo him.

Blimey, it's got to be a good twelve or thirteen years since he was with us.
I only vaguely remember it because he went on to... quasi-big things.

Didn't he only play a handful of games?

Blimey, it's got to be a good twelve or thirteen years since he was with us.
I only vaguely remember it because he went on to... quasi-big things.

Didn't he only play a handful of games?

5 goals from 9 starts and 5 sub appearances in the League

FFS - whether you boo an ex player or not will not affect whether they score or not, sometimes, people on here need to get a grip. People Boo Matt Harrold, and he doesn't score. People Boooooooooooed paynter he didn't score. You honestly need to sort this out, it seems to be bothering you. Boooing ex players is part of the game, remember the stick and songs campbell used to get when he returned to WHL or at Arsenal, you're talking nonsense.

Tevez going back to West Ham?
Fowler back to Liverpool?
Sir Chrissy Powell back at the Hall?

Yeah, booing ex-players is what football's all about.
:headbang:

FFS - whether you boo an ex player or not will not affect whether they score or not, sometimes, people on here need to get a grip. People Boo Matt Harrold, and he doesn't score. People Boooooooooooed paynter he didn't score. You honestly need to sort this out, it seems to be bothering you. Boooing ex players is part of the game, remember the stick and songs campbell used to get when he returned to WHL or at Arsenal, you're talking nonsense.
:clap: :clap: :clap:

I think a lot depends on how the player leaves.

Chris Powell? A thoroughly decent professional who gave excellent service to the club before announcing with all honesty that he wanted to join Derby for almost guaranteed top flight football before it was too late. He was such a great bloke that when he returned he came armed with bouquets of flowers. He, of course, didn't get booed but IIRC he came very close to scoring against us at the Hall that day.

Mark Rawle? I'm signing, I'm signing, I'm signing, see you next week for the signing, I've left. Booed and rightly so.

Personally I'm not one for booing ex players or ones on our own side who aren't performing, but I do understand its part of the banter & fun of going to a game to hear an ex player get some stick as long as its not of the vile sort some like to dish out. When I go to a game I take my daughters & although they've been around long enough to know people swear, it still winds me up when (as at the recent Forest game) my 14 year old finds herself next to a toothless, spitting OAP who spent the whole game screaming "useless ****" at Gower.

Some players will never get stick at their ex clubs, some will. Its just a personality thing & part of the rich tapestry of our game. Just wish the boo boys would be a bit less vile at times!

I'm with Stevie, Certain ex players deserve stick for the way they left. I have never had an issue with players leaving to better themselves (Stan, Chrissy P, Bill Garner, etc etc) as long as they don't make out they are bigger than the club before the move, I suppose its the respect thing.
Whereas Rawle treated the club with contempt.

I am however mindful of not wanting to motivate anyone who is not on our side and sticking two fingers up at opposition fans is a strong motivator for some (it can put some players off too, but you only tend to find out which is which after the event)

Ive no axe to grind with Mooney did well in his short time here and has not said anything untoward about us. He has had so many clubs I doubt he remebers much about his short spell at RH

I didn't think JCR would get booed but people never fail to amaze me.

is this the JCR who didnt want to move up North, yet weeks later did, Money grabbing rat:)

Well said J, was thinking the same thing, its not alot different to what i said in the other thread, people on here need to start looking at the whole picture and stoping using there tunnel vision

I have just realised who plays for Walsall!!

Tommy Mooney!!

Looks like its going to be another entertaining game for all the idiots that like to boo ex players. He will score against us to if you boo him.

http://www.icons.com/mooney/biog.html?2

Always liked Tommy, gave 100%, had an eye for goal but not given a chance by Peter Taylor after Barry Fry left.

Would never boo Tommy....

Well said J, was thinking the same thing, its not alot different to what i said in the other thread, people on here need to start looking at the whole picture and stoping using there tunnel vision
Surely its tunnel vision just to say booing has no effect?

Im sure Cureton was trying to ram the boos down the col u fans when he scored a hat trick last week.

I dont see the harm in barracking ex players, depending on the circumstances, to be honest but it can be detrimental and make the player try harder....

rule of thumb

booing your own players makes them play worse
booing the opposition players make them play better.
The worst thing in the world would be to boo Tommy Mooney. And no reason to do it. Last time I saw him in a Blues shirt I think he scored 4 and we don't want him to repeat it for Walsall.

Im sure Cureton was trying to ram the boos down the col u fans when he scored a hat trick last week.

They said on BLW2 that Cureton said he wouldn't celebrate any goal against Col Ewe, but decided he would after the treatment he got in the game at Layer Road & in the warm-up on Saturday.

Back