• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Trevor Phillips

Nothing? No cries for his head to be put on a stake, no calling him racist? Let's all bare this in mind the next time Nigel Farage points out some unsavoury truths eh.

What is there to say? It's in the Daily Mail, and even Nick Griffin(!) accused Phillips of being a black racist. He no doubt cherry picks statistics to make his points.

What is there to say? It's in the Daily Mail, and even Nick Griffin(!) accused Phillips of being a black racist. He no doubt cherry picks statistics to make his points.

It was in The Times actually but as that's subscription, I linked it to the Mail.

It was in The Times actually but as that's subscription, I linked it to the Mail.

Ok, fair enough but The Times is still right-leaning and more open to stories like this.

I could similarly cherry pick good news stories about immgration & multiculturalism - but they don't make the news do they?

Ok, fair enough but The Times is still right-leaning and more open to stories like this.

I could similarly cherry pick good news stories about immgration & multiculturalism - but they don't make the news do they?

http://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2015/mar/16/trevor-phillips-race-multiculturalism-blog

Interesting take from the Guardian on this one.
My own personal view is that for too long we have concentrated on what we can't say rather than what we can.

It was a good programme.
Mr Phillips is articulate, deep thinking and honest. It was not UKIP, or anybody bashing. However Blair did cut a poor figure in his interview.

Interesting programme - I withdraw some of my previous comments.

It was a good programme.
Mr Phillips is articulate, deep thinking and honest. It was not UKIP, or anybody bashing. However Blair did cut a poor figure in his interview.

I agree,Can't quite see why TP's deserves his own thread though.

Since I never read DM links perhaps someone can enlighten me? :unsure:

Back