• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Tribute to Steve Tilson II

Irate Ian

Members
Would love to ask Mr Coral or Ladbrokes what price they would give between Tilly, Alex Ferguson or Wegner being first manager out.

Or out of the top 7 longest serving, I would be willing to make a sizeable wager [if the odds were favourable] that ST will not be first to go.

Since our polls show he retains 85% support from our members who voted, that Steve himself gets to see that his efforts in seeking to elevate the club to a new level, are appreciated.

On this last day of 2008, I hope 2009 holds better luck/fortune for Steve and the players than of late and that we will all live to see ST/PB/RM leading the team out at Fossets Park [how it is described on the buses] and back to the promised land of the Championship.

Would be nice to have an up-date from RM on how negotiations with the council over legal agreement are progressing.

Last edited:
Who are the seven btw fella?

Cannot recall but we have had a thread on this a few months ago, where I think Tilly is now the 7th longest serving, so their should only be 6 ahead of him in the whole FL/Premier.

I stand corrected, by your below post - 8th it is then.

Last edited:
Alex Ferguson- manchester united, 22 years, 55 days
Graham Turner- Hereford- 13 years, 152 days
Arsene Wenger- Arsenal- 12 years, 91 days
John Coleman- Accrington Stanley- 9 years, 143 days
David Moyes- Everton- 6 years, 291 days
Martin Ling- Leyton Orient- 5 years, 95 days
Steve Coppell- Reading- 5 years, 83 days
Steve Tilson- Southend- 5years, 42 days

Would like to think Wenger and Ling are more at risk than Tilly and that Ferguson may be considering to retire, having won the World Club Championship - nothing more else to achieve and go out on top.

Would like to think Wenger and Ling are more at risk than Tilly and that Ferguson may be considering to retire, having won the World Club Championship - nothing more else to achieve and go out on top.

Wenger is an intersting one, with the new owners coming in perhaps times will change and they will be less patient
Fergie won't retire, i have a feeling he will be another Jock Stein. I would fancy Tillys chances actually looking at that

One thing I love about our club is the stability in the management team. Things aren't great now but it would truely be a sad sad day if Tilson were to go now.

Granted - it isn't the best time but we have seen far worse times in the past than what we are seeing now. Tilson still has years in the tank at Southend. I would be over the moon to see Tilson, Brush and Martin lead out the club at Fossets in the future. Stability is important in a football club. I think Tilson does a fantastic job with the resources he has and I hope he is around for years to come.

One thing I love about our club is the stability in the management team. Things aren't great now but it would truely be a sad sad day if Tilson were to go now.

Granted - it isn't the best time but we have seen far worse times in the past than what we are seeing now. Tilson still has years in the tank at Southend. I would be over the moon to see Tilson, Brush and Martin lead out the club at Fossets in the future. Stability is important in a football club. I think Tilson does a fantastic job with the resources he has and I hope he is around for years to come.

Very well stated and some green rep coming your way.

Could not have put it any better myself.

Spoken like a true blue or yellow for Saturday.

I think the only way tilly will leave is if a prem club (or leeds) come in for him and he wants it. tbh i dont think he would go to a championship team when he actually has feelings for this club. it's his home. like i say, leeds he supports so that would be a dream job, but no championship clubs would really stand out to me as a great move.
he knows here he has 100% backing from the chairman who is taking the club places.
yes, he doesnt have the finances he has elsewhere but thats the challenge he faces and he knew that when he took the job....if anything he has much better prospects here now than when he took over. i'm sure there's no better feeling than leading a team of players which you have built yourself from scratch to the league title or promotion.
i reckon, the only way he'll go is if we get relegated and he loses the dressing room, or if any of the clubs above come in for him.

Back