• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Trick or Treaters

Don't get me started, hate it....with a passion, but in view of the fact that most of the kids at school know where I live, I'm deemed a safe house to knock at. Have done the same as I always do and put up a sign saying no more after 8 o'clock, think that's fair enough. Have had about 20 kids round already.

Although I don't approve as such, I don't have a problem with traditional Hallowe'en parties, but it's this Trick or Treating I don't like. You spend your whole time as a parent telling your kids not to talk to strangers and yet, here you are, sending them off in the dark to knock at people's (possibly strangers) doors. And the older kids that really do terrorise the elderly. In Essex, if you have kids in the 14-17 age range, you get a nice letter from Essex Police telling you to try and ensure your kids behave responsibly and respectfully.

I guess if you were a responsible parent you would actually take the time to go with them, but every ones different

I guess if you were a responsible parent you would actually take the time to go with them, but every ones different

Actually, responsible parents probably arrange parties for kids at their homes so they don't have to go out! My kids have never trick or treated, and haven't missed out, as they've always enjoyed answering the door to others - seeing their friends in the process - and getting all the leftover sweets.

Back