• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Trio offered new deals...

blue sky

First XI
According to tonights Echo, Connie, Cort and Maher have been offered new deals.

Hope all three of them sign. Come on lads, you know it makes sense!

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Leeboy @ May 12 2004,14:21)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (overseas shrimper @ May 12 2004,13:19)]Hunt must be the next in for negotiations
going back to Derby - see 'Lewis Hunt' thread / topic.
Saw that thread, thanks... but I'm not sure what to make of it. Have Derby actually recalled him and stopped any negotiations?

It reads to me like the paper has assumed Hunt is going back because he wasn't mentioned in the clear out. Maybe Hunt is just a forgotten man.. or wasn't mentioned because hje wasn't in the Derby squad.

Or maybe he is going back to Derby.

Just not sure what's happening with Hunt, personally (or have you spoken to somebody you know at SUFC? .
wink.gif
)

[b said:
Quote[/b] (overseas shrimper @ May 12 2004,13:27)]Just not sure what's happening with Hunt, personally (or have you spoken to somebody you know at SUFC? .
wink.gif
 )
ha ha, like it  
wink.gif

no, I just read the Derby Official Site that says Hunt has been recalled and will be expected to start pre-season training with them........

The official site claims Cort will sign on Friday.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Leeboy @ May 12 2004,13:31)]no, I just read the Derby Official Site that says Hunt has been recalled and will be expected to start pre-season training with them........
I don't believe it.

wink.gif

Tilson also said in the Echo that he is yet to see and sign his new contract.

He will deffently sign but its a bit worring that they haven't even sorted a contract out yet!

....Gay could also he off to Bradford after keeping 33 clean sheets this season.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Monkey @ May 12 2004,14:19)]Tilson also said in the Echo that he is yet to see and sign his new contract.

He will deffently sign but its a bit worring that they haven't even sorted a contract out yet!

....Gay could also he off to Bradford after keeping 33 clean sheets this season.
where is this daniel gay information from?

I always rated him!!! thought he was worth a contract in fairness!

<span style='color:navy'>Here&#39;s the full story from the website...

Matt</span>

- - - - - - - -

Quartet Offered Deals as Two Exit

0,,10444~358221,00.jpg

Manager Steve Tilson has today confirmed that a quartet of Shrimpers players have been offered new deals ahead of the coming season. The Blues chief is looking to build on his squad ahead of his promotion push next season and has offered contracts to several key players.

<span style='color:blue'>&quot;Leon Constantine, Kevin Maher and Leon Cort have all been offered two year deals,&quot;</span> said Tilson. <span style='color:blue'>&quot;Jay Smith has been offered a year deal with the option of a further year after that if he plays 25 games next season. They along with the others will be coming in on Friday to hopefully sign their deals and I&#39;ll be discussing the future of some of the other players as well.&quot;</span>

And Tilson was quick to dismiss the news that Lewis Hunt has returned to Derby. <span style='color:blue'>&quot;We&#39;ve offered Lewis a year&#39;s contract to stay with us, there&#39;s an option to stay a further year after that as well - we&#39;re just waiting to hear back from him.&quot;</span>

However, the Blues have parted company with winger Steven Clark and custodian Ryan Robinson. <span style='color:blue'>&quot;Steven and Ryan have been told they don&#39;t feature in our plans for next season and have been let go. They&#39;re good lads and I&#39;m sure they&#39;ll get hooked up with another club. As for the rest, they&#39;re in on Friday and they should know one way or the other by then.&quot;</span>

Talking about what positions he would like to strengthen the 37-year-old said, <span style='color:blue'>&quot;I&#39;m looking to bring another goalkeeper, defender and striker in - but a lot of it depends on who stays, we might need to bring some more players in.&quot;

&quot;We know who we want to bring in - it&#39;s just a case of going out there and getting them now.&quot;</span>

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Matt the Shrimp @ May 12 2004,16:55)]<span style='color:blue'>&quot;We know who we want to bring in - it&#39;s just a case of going out there and getting them now.&quot;</span>
Whilst I know it&#39;s not the done thing to quote one&#39;s own posts, just thought I ought to highlight that passage...

How encouraging does that sound?&#33; Compare our position now to last year - where we were getting rid of everyone, and trying to find loads of new players.

This season, all we need now is a goalie &amp; a defender (since this is clearly our weakest area) and another striker. And then it&#39;s &quot;game on&quot; for our promotion push.

Get in&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;

biggrin.gif

STEVIE TILSON&#39;S BARMY ARMY

Matt

Does anyone else get annoyed by Lewis Crowe&#39;s continual use of the term Custodian?

(Perhaps this should be a poll)

[b said:
Quote[/b] (sufcintheprem @ May 12 2004,17:12)]Does anyone else get annoyed by Lewis Crowe&#39;s continual use of the term Custodian?

(Perhaps this should be a poll)
Wont happen anymore ...

Kev

Back