• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

I've just noticed that in amongst all the Southern teams in the top 7 in Division 4 is ........... Accrington Stanley in 3rd place!

Well done to them. :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

They are managing to be above teams like Portsmouth or Luton or Plymouth who have many times the resources available to them and it could well be that we are playing them again next season.

Come on Accers! You can do it.

I look forward to more posts saying we should play like Accrington instead of all the posts saying how we should play like Leicester! :smiles::hilarious: :hilarious: :clap: :smiles: :happy: :happy:

if they do manage promotion, it will be a very tough season next year for them. probably the smallest club in the 3rd tier for 30 years or so and with agreements in place for rangers to sign their 2 best players for nothing.

No thanks. Really hope they don't get promoted. Another southern team please. Won't forgive them for a wasted journey a few years ago.

Love Accrington away. Can't go wrong with the prices in their pubs.

No thanks. Really hope they don't get promoted. Another southern team please. Won't forgive them for a wasted journey a few years ago.

Yes. I remember that day. And the floodlights aren't great. No cover for away fans and the toilet facilities are limited ...... but I still think it would be great to see them promoted. :smile:

Atleast if they come up this season they will take one of the relegation spots for next season especially as both their best players are leaving. Hmmmm, sounds familiar.

Also think about the revenue that we will recieve at Roots Hall. How many fans will they bring? 50? compared to Portsmouth's 1000+ etc...

Also think about the revenue that we will recieve at Roots Hall. How many fans will they bring? 50? compared to Portsmouth's 1000+ etc...

Clubs are promoted for football prowess, not how many fans they've got.

If it were the case that it was fans, Bournemouth would be nowhere near the Premier League.

True. Haven't seen them play this season either but from what I remember the football they play is dross and not excited about watching that again. But you could probably say that about most of league 2 and some in league 1... Zzz

True. Haven't seen them play this season either but from what I remember the football they play is dross and not excited about watching that again. But you could probably say that about most of league 2 and some in league 1... Zzz
Probably better than dross to get to 3rd place.
Good luck to a small club achieving against the odds.

More Southern clubs the better in this League,looking forward to having Charlton and MK Dons again

A little closer than Accrington. Plus not been to their new stadium yet.

You're not missing anything.

Would be a fantastic achievement by John Coleman if Accrington went up. As a north-west exile it's another easy away trip for me too, and League One is looking a bit less northern next season!

MK Dons?? seriously?? who would wish that upon any Southend team?

I hate MK Dons with a passion! and somewhat a bogey team for us! we've beaten them once!

I mention MK Dons because its a game that most Shrimpers can attend to support their team no more no less,lot easier than Bolton

If they do go up which I hope they do, it will be one of the biggest achievements ever in football for them to stay in league one next season eh:smile:

Back