• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Interesting documentary (Football Fight Club)

Part 1 is only on Youtube
With some old footage and interviews with Cass Penant and Southend boy Dave Hancock

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=fRy5qG4kXMQ

part 2 is on BBC iplayer
Young wannabees, still wearing old school 80s gear...

Football violence - not big and not clever !

You can't play pool with no balls nor darts without a dartboard, both are removed on matchdays.... :unsure:

I agree, but unfortunately some moroons will find other uses for a pool cue and will find other targets - possibly human - to aim their darts at...

:'( :'( :'(

The trouble has been very infrequent and is usually only a small group of fans. Obviously this is no consolation to Simon Dobbin and his family but I don't think there's a big problem at all to be honest.

Disagree. Three incidents at home in the last ten or so home games. Pub I was in attacked by The Morecambe mob ( worst mob ever but still). Seen more incidents in the last twenty games that I have seen for years. Pompey at home didn't go off that I saw purely because there was no one worth attacking on Shakespeare Drive which in fairness did not stop Luton.

Disagree. Three incidents at home in the last ten or so home games. Pub I was in attacked by The Morecambe mob ( worst mob ever but still). Seen more incidents in the last twenty games that I have seen for years. Pompey at home didn't go off that I saw purely because there was no one worth attacking on Shakespeare Drive which in fairness did not stop Luton.
What happened there didn't hear about this one?

the definition of attacked ???

I believe DTS is right in his opinion. I also don't think the yobbos have left the games. They are still here (as are the racists, homophobes, sexists) but keep a generally lower profile BUT are looking for trouble where they can cause it and get away with it.
It isn't just visiting fans, as I see it on my away days with a small number of incognito "fans" giving our team a bad rep too.

Was coming out the East Stand towards the exit in the corner by the North Bank and a young, lanky streak of **** of a Southend fan was grinning away to himself as he was giving the Barnsley fans the two fingers. Then goaded them with a 'come on then' when one of the Barnsley fans obviously reacted. He ended up being sent on his way pretty sharpish by a steward but it really wound me up.

Yes, Port Vale fans last week were inexcusable, but it's silly little boys doing stuff like that which contributes to the trouble. We've got three points and we're happy, they've lost and have got a long journey home. Absolutely no need to be a dick about it and stir up trouble.

Was coming out the East Stand towards the exit in the corner by the North Bank and a young, lanky streak of **** of a Southend fan was grinning away to himself as he was giving the Barnsley fans the two fingers. Then goaded them with a 'come on then' when one of the Barnsley fans obviously reacted. He ended up being sent on his way pretty sharpish by a steward but it really wound me up.

Yes, Port Vale fans last week were inexcusable, but it's silly little boys doing stuff like that which contributes to the trouble. We've got three points and we're happy, they've lost and have got a long journey home. Absolutely no need to be a dick about it and stir up trouble.

Good job the steward did his job properly, well done him.

the definition of attacked ???

Is two smoke bombs hitting the window and some rubble thrown ok. They basically underestimated how many Southend lads were in the pub and they were all about sixteen so about 50-70 blokes spilling out the pub to meet them made them all run inotoa pikey local estate never to been seen again.

In the interests of balance, after last week, I thought the Barnsley fans were excellent today!:thumbsup:

Really? This stuff happens.

Back