• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Trouble will start soon

Badger74

Manager
There are many fans 100% behind Tilson and am one of them.
When times have been bad we have stuck with the club no matter what.
We than start performing and lots of new fans jump on the bandwagon than when we struggle THEY start calling for his head.
I do belive the first time someone sings tilson out at a home or away game they better think of what might just happen because its starting to **** me off on here with fans suggesting he should quit!
If you dont like what you see xxxx off back to where you come from because alot of fans feel the same way as me.
So please support tilly and get behind the team.
Wardy

Fully agree! It's been said many times.. it was always going to be tough. We must not let the "plastic blues" get their way. Lets get behind Steve, Paul and the team now.

Be aware of those fans who are more used to success over the past two years than the sh!te most of us had to go through for almost a decade before this latest 'golden era' leapt out onto an unsuspecting public. These are the guys (and gals) who are most likely to start calling for the manager's head because that is always seen as the simplest option: the team is playing crap, sack the manager. But it doesn't necessarily work like that and there are many examples (so many that I can't actually pin one up as evidence at the moment!!) where a change of broom has not worked at all. In fact, it's done the reverse. As far as we know (and from what various sources 'behind the scenes' have been saying), the players have enormous trust in Tilson and Brush. They just aren't good enough to compete favourably in the Championship (in fact, they're verging on 'complete sh!te'). But demanding the head of Tilson isn't the answer. What is? I don't know. I'm not a professional football manager. The solution can only be found by the man himself and his board of directors.

Incidentally, I always thought it was quite bad in England but now I am involved in football here in Spain, the sacking and hiring of managers (entrenadors) is a regular pastime of boardrooms across the country. The gaffer of CD Javea (Alberto Araujo) was under enormous pressure after just four games of the season. Our record? Won 2 drawn 1 lost 1. And he was fearful for his job?!

Wardy, I find your email incredibly offensive.  If a fan can make a reasoned argument why Tilly's not the man for the job then he's as equally entitled to his opinion as you are to yours.  It doesn't make him any less a fan and certainly doesn't warrant being told to xxxx off.  

As a season ticket holder of nearly 20 years, and having witnessed an awful lot of rubbish over that time, I'm not one to jump on to a "Tilson out" bandwagon.  I never was expecting miracles this season and predicted that staying up would be as big an acheivement as winning League One.  However, I think it's reasonable to expect a manager to get a team to play to something like there potential.  I don't think anyone can say Tilson has acheived this since August.  For example, our defending has been shocking (15 games conceded in 5 home games) - we're on course to conceed 100 goals this season which is just unthinkable.

It's now got the stage where confidence and motivation have drained away from the team and at times we look a shambles.  This is the first true test Tilson has had as a manager and he shows no signs of being able to turn it around.  Wolves were there for the taking today make no mistake.  Yet some of Tilson's decisions are baffling.  How can you leave Clarke on when we needed to be more attack minded to get back into the game?  I could go on.

Tilson deserves a bit of time and loyalty, and there's certainly no excuse for getting on his and the players' backs during the game.  However, we mustn't be fooled by past acheivements - it's the future that counts and is Tilly the right man for the job in the long term?  I think the jury's out at the moment.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Xàbia Shrimper @ Nov. 04 2006,22:41)]But it doesn't necessarily work like that and there are many examples (so many that I can't actually pin one up as evidence at the moment!!) where a change of broom has not worked at all. In fact, it's done the reverse.
Mr. R. Whelan > Mr. Alvin Martin.

I think at the moment Tilly is in the same boat as Dario Gradi. Crewe have been up and down more often than a tart's drawers but the board know that a change is pointless. Like us, they don't have the resources to compete in the Championship but will be too good for L1. How long has Gradi been there? 20+ years I think.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Upminster Blue @ Nov. 04 2006,23:08)]Wardy, I find your email incredibly offensive.  If a fan can make a reasoned argument why Tilly's not the man for the job then he's as equally entitled to his opinion as you are to yours.  It doesn't make him any less a fan and certainly doesn't warrant being told to xxxx off.  

As a season ticket holder of nearly 20 years, and having witnessed an awful lot of rubbish over that time, I'm not one to jump on to a "Tilson out" bandwagon.  I never was expecting miracles this season and predicted that staying up would be as big an acheivement as winning League One.  However, I think it's reasonable to expect a manager to get a team to play to something like there potential.  I don't think anyone can say Tilson has acheived this since August.  For example, our defending has been shocking (15 games conceded in 5 home games) - we're on course to conceed 100 goals this season which is just unthinkable.

It's now got the stage where confidence and motivation have drained away from the team and at times we look a shambles.  This is the first true test Tilson has had as a manager and he shows no signs of being able to turn it around.  Wolves were there for the taking today make no mistake.  Yet some of Tilson's decisions are baffling.  How can you leave Clarke on when we needed to be more attack minded to get back into the game?  I could go on.

Tilson deserves a bit of time and loyalty, and there's certainly no excuse for getting on his and the players' backs during the game.  However, we mustn't be fooled by past acheivements - it's the future that counts and is Tilly the right man for the job in the long term?  I think the jury's out at the moment.
I agree 100% we're all SUFC so lets not bickare

Frankly, I can't comprehend why any SUFC fan would not want Tilly in charge. Double promotion and a few bad results and his job is allegedly in jeopardy. What a farce. What has happened to base level fanzines influencing supporter opinion. Good luck to AAS in trying to idemtify with this market

trouble is most fans franking know sweet fa about football. At the moment it's disappointing and we are leaking soft goals and that's the main problem. However I had a row with some old man at Hull. He wasn't young probably about 70 but might have had a hard life. The problem was he insisted on droning on and on. At first you laugh. The man was clearly a xxxx. Then it starts to bother you. Then you ask him nicely to stop. Then the invitable I pay my money crap comes out. Then you say and I don't pay my money to hear an old man like you talking the bleeding obvious. Hang your head in shame Tilson, he says. You explode. What do you think Tilson should do. Get someone in. Who pray? Deadly silence. You point out to him that you actually hadn't noticed the team had leaked 3 soft goals and weren't playing well and thanked him for pointing it out to you. Old man leaves early. Thank xxxx for that.

The only good thing about terracing was you could have moved away from the moaning minnie at the beginning. You now trapped and have to endure this crap unless you answer back.

The trouble is also apart from what goes on in the stands, many of the club staff will read the various forums, and take on board what is being said. An upbeat supportive comment will have far more effect than a slagging off.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Upminster Blue @ Nov. 04 2006,23:08)]Wardy, I find your email incredibly offensive.  If a fan can make a reasoned argument why Tilly's not the man for the job then he's as equally entitled to his opinion as you are to yours.  It doesn't make him any less a fan and certainly doesn't warrant being told to f**k off.  

Sorry but that is how i feel.
By the way of reading your post you mainly agree with me.
At the end of the day all i want is for everyone to get behind the team and that means the good times and the bad

Simply look at the progress Tilly has achived in a short space of time. The league position was pretty desperate when he took over. Perhaps the biggest achievement was steering Southend up the table in Div 2, conference football was calling. Then successive promotions and 2 appearances in the LDV finals at the Millenium and the play off final for promotion. At times along the way, especially last season we also had the luck running with us. There wasn't much to call between the teams in the top half last year. Probably things have happened a bit quicker than anyone expected. We need that break and some luck this season, if not then perhaps we got here simply too fast. What has happened at Roots Hall over the past couple of seasons has probably been above everyones expectations, but has produced some great times and moments and a buzz and unity around the place. So keep the faith and recognise that Tilly has done a tremendous job so far and deserves nothing less than everyones support, especially when the road gets a bit bumpy.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Jonesy @ Nov. 05 2006,22:13)]Simply look at the progress Tilly has achived in a short space of time. The league position was pretty desperate when he took over. Perhaps the biggest achievement was steering Southend up the table in Div 2, conference football was calling. Then successive promotions and 2 appearances in the LDV finals at the Millenium and the play off final for promotion. At times along the way, especially last season we also had the luck running with us. There wasn't much to call between the teams in the top half last year. Probably things have happened a bit quicker than anyone expected. We need that break and some luck this season, if not then perhaps we got here simply too fast. What has happened at Roots Hall over the past couple of seasons has probably been above everyones expectations, but has produced some great times and moments and a buzz and unity around the place. So keep the faith and recognise that Tilly has done a tremendous job so far and deserves nothing less than everyones support, especially when the road gets a bit bumpy.
SPOT ON.Take note east stand reds you grumpy load of old gits.heard one old lady shouting tilson out,one stare shut her up thankfully.Followed by one verse of "there's only ooonnneee stevie tilson,singing on my own of course.GIVE STEVE A CHANCE.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (shrimp and two veg @ Nov. 05 2006,22:50)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (Jonesy @ Nov. 05 2006,22:13)]Simply look at the progress Tilly has achived in a short space of time. The league position was pretty desperate when he took over. Perhaps the biggest achievement was steering Southend up the table in Div 2, conference football was calling. Then successive promotions and 2 appearances in the LDV finals at the Millenium and the play off final for promotion. At times along the way, especially last season we also had the luck running with us. There wasn't much to call between the teams in the top half last year. Probably things have happened a bit quicker than anyone expected. We need that break and some luck this season, if not then perhaps we got here simply too fast. What has happened at Roots Hall over the past couple of seasons has probably been above everyones expectations, but has produced some great times and moments and a buzz and unity around the place. So keep the faith and recognise that Tilly has done a tremendous job so far and deserves nothing less than everyones support, especially when the road gets a bit bumpy.
heard one old lady shouting tilson out,one stare shut her up thankfully.
Blimey Shrimp, Stared out an 'old lady' did you. Must be hard as nails

[b said:
Quote[/b] (bertiebigbanana @ Nov. 05 2006,22:57)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (shrimp and two veg @ Nov. 05 2006,22:50)]
[b said:
heard one old lady shouting tilson out,one stare shut her up thankfully.
Blimey Shrimp, Stared out an 'old lady' did you. Must be hard as nails
well you can't shout people down in east reds,it's like an old boys club honestly.polite clapping only please.thank goodness i can express my views to the opposition manager from there.

Wardy shows the type of person is from his threatening attitude, if you do not agree with him about Tilson.

Others state if you want him out, get out of the club, or you know nothing about football. But these people do not mind stating that players are not good enough and should go. Why is it so different with Steve Tilson.

I will write it now, as I have before. That the main trouble started when he wanted to talk to Norwich. If you remember his interview on Blues World and I understand Norfolk Radio he clearly wanted to talk. Then his friend Rob Newman pleaded in a back page article in the Echo that he should be allowed to. But the main indication was when Ron Martin stated that He thinks Tilson wanted to be at the club.

Confidence dropped away. An army will not fight well if the leader is not fully committed.

He has no expierence at this level. His signing have been poor, he only will use subs late and he is playing his men all over the place.

Now, many of you state being anti Tilson are just glory hunters should F--- off.

I saw my 1st game in 1956, when Roy Hollis etc were playing, fifty years of watching the blues. I checked on the webb site finding that there have been 29 changes of managers during this time.

I went, with my father-in-law, father & wifes uncle. My father-in-law had my a baby girl late in life aged 45 years. (Wife) Watched the blues at Roots Hall the 1st time. Then at the Kursall and later the Stadium. His was dug up alive just before the Battle of the Somme during the 1st World War with the 2nd Essex Regiment.

So sod all of you that make mindless threats. I have paid out thousands of pounds watching the team.

I do not like what I am seeing, no spirit, no confidence etc.

Still, I will be there shouting for the blues, but not to upset the team. Sorry, thats wrong, I once did when Keith Dublin made the worst defensive error I have ever seen.

Support free speech.

Back