• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

TrueBlue's nightmare...

Dulwich is a fantastic little club. I've gone along to a couple of games since I've lived around here, particularly during international breaks when the non-league days are organised, and it really is good craic. It's well run from top to bottom too, we come up against the Dulwich Hamlet youth sides on a fairly regular basis and they're all good lads with the kids' development at heart. Forza Hamletti.

How do they get away with drinking alcohol on the terraces? Especially taking in their own cans of drink!

Dulwich Hamlet 3-0 Harrow Borough. Nice ground, good atmosphere, more women than I have ever seen at any ground, more families, bigger ethnic mix, more.....beer! Pints under £4 and you can bring your own and drink on the terraces. First time of hearing a football crowd sing Dead Kennedys songs. 2,000 crowd is 5 times what you'd expect at that level due to the inclusive nature of their PR. Only 25 mins on a train from where I live. And saw ex Southender Damien Scannel score with a lovely chip over the oncoming keeper.

It is allowed in the lower, non leagues; shame it can't be allowed in areas of league grounds where there aren't regular issues.
It's a law as opposed to a league regulation, I know someone who is leading a fan takeover of Bath City in the Conference South and they love the Dulwich model and think being able to drink on the terraces would boost attendances but it's not allowed.

I think the rule is that your ground has to be legally registered as a sports stadium to be able to use it in the Conference or above, and you're not allowed to sell alcohol on the terraces/in the ground in a registered sports stadium. At lower levels you can have it registered as a sports arena or something where it is allowed to do that.

The issue is that once you register a ground as a stadium then you can't change it back after that, so Bath had to register it as a stadium in the 1950s or something, and can't reverse that now, while a lot of other clubs at that level have never had to.

It's only one of the issues involved with it, there are others such as a terrace in a "stadium" has to have the railings repainted every year and replaced every few years, etc, whereas an "arena" doesn't. All very complicated!

Dulwich Hamlet 3-0 Harrow Borough. Nice ground, good atmosphere, more women than I have ever seen at any ground, more families, bigger ethnic mix, more.....beer! Pints under £4 and you can bring your own and drink on the terraces. First time of hearing a football crowd sing Dead Kennedys songs. 2,000 crowd is 5 times what you'd expect at that level due to the inclusive nature of their PR. Only 25 mins on a train from where I live. And saw ex Southender Damien Scannel score with a lovely chip over the oncoming keeper.

Now I know you're lying.

Back