• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Truly great albums

Very true, those middle-fillers are skipped past. I'd stick with the others though.

Couple more: Exile on Main Street - Stones & Closing Time - Tom Waits.

In which case you didn't read Napster's opening post:thump:

I'd forgotten just how good a track Bittersweet Symphony was though. Tune.

Albums I regularly listen that IMO don't have a bad track on them -

Smashing Pumpkins - Siamese Dream
Foo Fighters - The Colour and the Shape
Metallica - Black Album
Red Hot Chili Peppers - Blood Sugar Sex Magik
Rage Against The Machine - Rage Against The Machine

Albums I regularly listen that IMO don't have a bad track on them -

Red Hot Chili Peppers - Blood Sugar Sex Magik

Probably in my all time top ten, but I'd still say there are one or two fillers in there, e.g. "Naked In The Rain".

Over 20 years since it came out too. ****.

In which case you didn't read Napster's opening post:thump:

I'd forgotten just how good a track Bittersweet Symphony was though. Tune.

:raspberry: No I did, I just forgot how forgettable "Catching the Butterfly" and "Neon Wilderness" are.

Probably in my all time top ten, but I'd still say there are one or two fillers in there, e.g. "Naked In The Rain".

Over 20 years since it came out too. ****.

Red Hot Chilli Peppers are probably in my top 10 of meh bands.

Along with the aforementioned Manic Street Preachers.

Red Hot Chilli Peppers are probably in my top 10 of meh bands.

Along with the aforementioned Manic Street Preachers.

I'd say that of their recent output, but loved their earlier stuff. Same applies to the Manics come to think of it.

'Murmur' by REM barely hits a bum note. Sublime.

Just got the new Mumford & Sons album, not listened to it yet but reminds me that their first album didnt have any bad songs for me:

Sigh no More : Mumford & Sons

Red Hill Mining Town - a bit meh.

How very dare you. That song is awesome and is what got me into U2 !

I don't think the 'perfect' album exists, and if it did I doubt we would recognise it as such. With albums, as with people, it's the imperfections that make them unique, the duff tracks highlight the excellent ones.

After much head scratching the most consistently excellent album I can think of is Portishead's Dummy.

Back