• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Truly great albums

Born to Run is only eight songs isn't it? Lessens the chances of serving up a dud I suppose.

Ah now there's a good shout. I'm not a huge fan of 'Meeting Across The River', but aside from that you've got three all-timers (Thunder Road, Born To Run and Jungleland) and four other very good tracks.

You have also just chosen my drive home music for today. Thank you!

Ah now there's a good shout. I'm not a huge fan of 'Meeting Across The River', but aside from that you've got three all-timers (Thunder Road, Born To Run and Jungleland) and four other very good tracks.

You have also just chosen my drive home music for today. Thank you!

My pleasure. FWIW I think that the album suffers if you remove Meeting Across the River. I now see it as the intro to Jungleland (if indeed such a 9 min.+ epic actually needs an intro).

Primal Scream - Screamadelica

Mylo - Destroy Rock and Roll

Have to agree with Parklife by Blur too (although actually prefer Modern Life is Rubbish)

My pleasure. FWIW I think that the album suffers if you remove Meeting Across the River. I now see it as the intro to Jungleland (if indeed such a 9 min.+ epic actually needs an intro).

Hmm, interesting one. I had to skip it today as by the time it came on I only had ten minutes left and needed that for Jungleland. But I'm fairly sure I'll listen to it again sooner rather than later and will go all the way through.

Incidentally, if you're driving, it's impossible not to take your hands off the wheel and punch the air when Bruce sings "Whoa-oh" just before the "baby this town rips the bones from your back" line in the title track. Physically impossible.

Hmm, interesting one. I had to skip it today as by the time it came on I only had ten minutes left and needed that for Jungleland. But I'm fairly sure I'll listen to it again sooner rather than later and will go all the way through.

Incidentally, if you're driving, it's impossible not to take your hands off the wheel and punch the air when Bruce sings "Whoa-oh" just before the "baby this town rips the bones from your back" line in the title track. Physically impossible.

Sounds like you have Springsteen tourettes.

that album is quality, and i love them... however i thought silent alarm-bloc party was better :D

Silent Alarm has gaping holes of blandness all over it, even "She's Hearing Voices" was ruined on there, the original 7" B Side was better.

Bloc Party - the poor man's Roachford.

Silent Alarm has gaping holes of blandness all over it, even "She's Hearing Voices" was ruined on there, the original 7" B Side was better.

Bloc Party - the poor man's Roachford.

Yeah Silent Alarm starts so well (it's an excellent album) but it's got some filler.

Soulmining by The The
Uh! Tears Baby (a trash icon) by Win - It would be brilliant if I could find this on CD as I am reluctant to play my ancient tape cassette.

Can play Orbital 2 (brown album) - Orbital all the way through without skipping a track.

Back