• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Truly great albums

Napster

No ⭐
I've come to a realisation that on every great album there is one duff song.

On Hotter than July by Stevie Wonder, a superb album, it's spoiled by Happy Birthday
On Hotel California by the Eagles, it's Pretty Maids all in a Row, sung by Joe Walsh.

Can anyone come up with a truly great album not spoiled by one of the songs?

'Funeral' - Arcade Fire and 'Kings of the Wild Fronteir' - Adam and the Ants.
Squarepusher has about a 40% success rate on album tracks but that 40% is so exceptional I keep buying them and create my own best of.
I like Stevie's 'happy birthday' as a track but it'd never sit right on an album.

Best of the Beatles.

[video=youtube;tyZspqjtG2k]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tyZspqjtG2k[/video]

Parklife - Blur
Urban Hymns - The Verve.
Joshua Tree - U2
Blue Lines - Massive Attack

Parklife - Blur
Urban Hymns - The Verve.
Joshua Tree - U2
Blue Lines - Massive Attack

Urban Hymns definitely contains some duff tracks. It was on my MP3 on my run in this morning.

I'd dispute a few named so far. My argument is admittedly undermined by my failure to be able to name those tracks.

Urban Hymns definitely contains some duff tracks. It was on my MP3 on my run in this morning.

I'd dispute a few named so far. My argument is admittedly undermined by my failure to be able to name those tracks.

Very true, those middle-fillers are skipped past. I'd stick with the others though.

Couple more: Exile on Main Street - Stones & Closing Time - Tom Waits.

Back