• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

OldBlueLady

Junior Blues Coordinator⭐⭐
Best attended AGM in years, no doubt due to the guest speaker last night. There were a few Zoners there.

Nothing controversial in the business part of the meeting though there was discussion about charging non members to come into the Shrimpers on matchdays and providing a matchday "village" outside to provide further revenue. The Trust intends to push for some investment in facilities and our investment in the Shrimpers itself was pointed out.

I'm not going to go into any great detail about what Adam said, but he spoke candidly. He didn't "slag off" the manager and he didn't criticise any player. Said he wants and sees a management future for himself at the club some years down the line and he is currently taking his B coaching badges.

His academy is doing well and provides the club's academy with "first dibs" on the best players and has done since he set it up. He thinks there are some really good players coming through but that Ted Smith should be playing regularly somewhere. He thinks Jack Bridge is a really good prospect.

He was asked about his biggest disappointment in a player (Edgar Davids); worst opponent he played against (Mark Hughes - I think this was as the trickiest opponent); how he felt when he scored against us for Wimbledon (gutted! Never liked playing against us, he is, first and foremost a fan); the best goal he scored for us (Southampton away in the "Alan Ball" game when we were relegated from the Championship and Colchester last season) and told a great story about his penalty at Wembley last season - all he kept thinking about was his family's feelings as apparently they get quite nervous for him!

It was a really enjoyable session, and I'm certainly going to be moving for him to be invited back when we put together our next "Pie and a Pint" night - Maher, Tilson and Barrett.....that'd be a draw for many, wouldn't it?

Of course, it was made all the nicer because I got a kiss when he arrived and when we left! :blush:

Last edited:
Great write up Kay, just cements further what a down to earth legend the man is :thumbsup:

Yes, definitely. He said a bit about Stan the man as well, how difficult he was to play against - I didn't know they'd ever faced each other. It was when Stan was on loan at Fulham, Adam would have been at Plymouth, which was when he'd also come up against Hughes.

...I'm not going to go into any great detail about what Adam said, but he spoke candidly...

...He was asked about his biggest disappointment in a player (Edgar Davids)...

Thanks for the write-up.

Is it possible to gauge whether Adam is accepting of his current situation given the form of the team right now?

In what way was Edgar Davids a disappointment? Ability, personality, goggles??

Thanks for the write-up.

Is it possible to gauge whether Adam is accepting of his current situation given the form of the team right now?

In what way was Edgar Davids a disappointment? Ability, personality, goggles??
I'm not answering the first question because I don't think that is fair to. As I said, Adam was candid in his responses.

Davids was a bit of a hero of his and I just don't think he came over in his attitude very well, this was while at Palace.

Great feedback OBL. Very interesting. 100% agree with him on Ted Smith, he definitely needs match time. Going out on loan and learning his craft will be so beneficial to young Ted.

Seemed like a **** when he played against us for Barnet so not surprised by that at all. Miserable sod.

Back