• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

BLUEBLOOD

Moderator of Moderators
Bloody cheek !!!!

I guess last year was a tester, only Scotland after all

this year Spain

Where next year ?? Florida ???

in my opinion I was against us giving the club 5k over this - they have taken the **** one to many times the club with trust funds and I would like all those able to vote to vote NO

If they want the trust to contribute shouldn't they have a say in the location of the tour?

Very disappointed with the request, would prefer the
Monies to go to a younger player trying to break through, even if it meant part funding their wages.

If this is true then I wouldn't see a point to go on a tour like this. If the trust has to contribute again then it's clear we don't have the money to do it.

What's wrong with Canvey on Monday Night. :dim:

If it helps the club to prepare better for the season and the Trust have some funds available isn't that the point of having an organisation like the Trust? We know money is tight at the club so any contribution to the cost is going to help.

If it helps the club to prepare better for the season and the Trust have some funds available isn't that the point of having an organisation like the Trust? We know money is tight at the club so any contribution to the cost is going to help.

I agree I thought our Trusts Moto was ''' TO HELP NOT HINDER''
:'(

why cant they go somewhere cheap!!!! E.g tour of Wales or something not a jolly up in the sun. I SAY NO!

I don't see the problem like James said 10k to the youth . Also paid for a drum but won't help the first team exactly why I will never give a penny to the trust

My personal view is that the Trust is there to support the club when they need it, however, I was against making this donation without the sanction of the membership. There had already been discussion about a tour, but nothing definite proposed. On the back of promises made, the Trust agreed to continue the support to the youth team, which, anyone who has heard Ricky Duncan talk, would probably agree has been worthwhile investment.

I believe this request has come about through our new CEO, and that is partly why the membership has been asked to vote - to establish a good working relationship with him.

I'm not going to urge anyone to vote in a particular way, I believe that is down to each individual.

My personal view is that the Trust is there to support the club when they need it, however, I was against making this donation without the sanction of the membership. There had already been discussion about a tour, but nothing definite proposed. On the back of promises made, the Trust agreed to continue the support to the youth team, which, anyone who has heard Ricky Duncan talk, would probably agree has been worthwhile investment.

I believe this request has come about through our new CEO, and that is partly why the membership has been asked to vote - to establish a good working relationship with him.

I'm not going to urge anyone to vote in a particular way, I believe that is down to each individual.

Of course its down to the individual, but my opinion is that there comes a point when you bite the hand that feeds you and the balance of power must be realigned

Of course its down to the individual, but my opinion is that there comes a point when you bite the hand that feeds you and the balance of power must be realigned

Of course you have to be careful there that you don't bite too hard and destroy any existing or potentially developing relationships.

Why isn't he so quick to actually get a trust member on the board then?

My view is have the 5k and a trust rep on the board immediately or jog on

I always wondered how we could afford an expensive jolly to Spain. Now it makes sense.

Back