• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

No way. If we do this how long before RM comes looking for 'additional funding' again later in the season. Try Mrs Merkel if you want a bailout Ron!

Out of interest a part from players and the management,who else is going on holiday,sorry pre season trip.

Are the Trust expected to contribute to the "Hangers on", I think the Trust and Club should be more forward with how the £ 5 k is being spent, and giving members a week to vote is limited as many may be on holiday ( Not knocking The Trust),but if you have known for some time,the paying members should have more details, of how the monies are being spent, I voted No as last time, and would hate to think I am paying my subs for evening drinks for some one who is not going to contribute to the on field games during the coming season

Have no issue with the Trust contributing if they are approached before the tour is arranged.

Contributing to the 1st teams preparation is as important as paying 10k to the youth team in my opinion.

If the club booked it then asked for help then thats a bit cheeky.

Have no issue with the Trust contributing if they are approached before the tour is arranged.

Contributing to the 1st teams preparation is as important as paying 10k to the youth team in my opinion.

What he said. I voted YES last year but will vote NO this time.:thumbdown:

I don't understand why this has come out after the trip is announced, why wasn't it put to the Trust members before then to decide whether to support it or not. It would not of mattered even if it turned out there was no trip...I can't see the club suddenly cancelling it now it has all been booked if the members decide against helping and if the club want a few days in Spain pre-season IMO then they pay for it, not ask the fans to help.

It seems they already have 10k funding towards it so basically they don't want to pay anything themselves for this trip

in my opinion the club should have approached the trust first and said here is our pre-season plan can you help or not, they shouldn't have booked everything and then come asking for help.

it would be like me booking my holiday to spain and then asking blueblood to help out because i could only really afford clacton.

I don't understand why this has come out after the trip is announced, why wasn't it put to the Trust members before then to decide whether to support it or not. It would not of mattered even if it turned out there was no trip...I can't see the club suddenly cancelling it now it has all been booked if the members decide against helping and if the club want a few days in Spain pre-season IMO then they pay for it, not ask the fans to help.

It seems they already have 10k funding towards it so basically they don't want to pay anything themselves for this trip

Because the club have only just come back to the trust with what they actually wanted.

Because the club have only just come back to the trust with what they actually wanted.

Then if they cant be bothered to give The Trust some details until after it is all booked then IMO tough luck. They knew about this trip for ages so there must of been some budget worked out. SUFC Essex is spot on with his post above.

Surely you set the budget first then decide what you can do with it.

Only a few years ago we we're close to extinction and only survived thanks to Sainsburys. Last year we were apparently losing 100K a month according to Tara, then I see that we're touring Spain like a top-end Championship club.

In-****ing-sane.

Only a few years ago we we're close to extinction and only survived thanks to Sainsburys. Last year we were apparently losing 100K a month according to Tara, then I see that we're touring Spain like a top-end Championship club.

In-****ing-sane.

No, in-****ing Spain.

In-****ing-sane.

That maybe true but if they have 10k sponsorship already and are now looking to The Trust to take up the slack..they won't have to pay anything out.

As Kay has already pointed out they have already donated an amount towards The Youth set-up this year.

Then if they cant be bothered to give The Trust some details until after it is all booked then IMO tough luck. They knew about this trip for ages so there must of been some budget worked out. SUFC Essex is spot on with his post above.

Surely you set the budget first then decide what you can do with it.

You're right - I wasn't disagreeing with you!!! **** poor planning by the club again but that's sadly the norm with our club!

Not really. They have booked a tour, probably already paid for it, but have asked for a contribution. The Trust are well within their rights to say no. If they do, the tour will still go ahead, but SUFC will be out of pocket rather than the trust. Not being a Trust member I wouldn't dream of trying to sway opinion in terms of which way to vote, but I will point out that I don't personally think the club have been cheeky.

The club seem to treat the trust with a lack of respect or that's how outwardly it seems. The club publicly offered the Trust a place on the board and have reneged on this, The trust lent the club money and continually missed the payment dates, and now because someone cant add up or set a budget they come cap in hand.

Mr Lockett give the trust what was promised, i.e. a place on the board and then maybe we will start to see some collaborative working relationship rather than a one way **** take.

The club seem to treat the trust with a lack of respect or that's how outwardly it seems. The club publicly offered the Trust a place on the board and have reneged on this, The trust lent the club money and continually missed the payment dates, and now because someone cant add up or set a budget they come cap in hand.

Mr Lockett give the trust what was promised, i.e. a place on the board and then maybe we will start to see some collaborative working relationship rather than a one way **** take.

A seat on what board though Andy,if my memory recalls me well RM has stated in the past it would only be a seat on some meaningless new board to discuss the football aspects of the club as any other seat on the official board would mean signing some non-disclosure contract which would make it pretty pointless...RM solely decides what happens when and where at the top level hence why so many directors have left in recent years, it is more of a dictatorship than a board IMO.

Back