• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Trust Statement - 31st January 2020

Shrimperstrust

Supporting SUFC
Yesterday's statement from Ron Martin in the Evening Echo was welcome.

After the departure of players, lack of signings, salary and HMRC issues the Trust have been as dismayed as (presumably) all Southend Fans, at the situation that the Club finds itself in.

We have resisted some calls to put out a statement previously, because, frankly we had nothing to say that wasn't already known.

We have however been trying to glean from reliable sources, as much information as possible, to determine whether we could take any action which would be useful to the club, including financially. We did make an offer to help a few weeks back - this was not acknowledged.

Specifically referring to Ron'' statement, it's difficult to know where to start:

Why make it public knowledge that Sol would be able to sign 5-7 players in January, if apparently 'There is a limited pool of players in this window,'

'Sol Campbell has been brave in giving our young players an opportunity.'.....what else could he have done?

The Chairman has run this club for 20 years, any management, administrative or financial issues are directly under his control. The reminder that 'The Parent Company' is investing 1.5 Million this season is presumably proof that he believes Fossetts Farm and the Stadium development are still going to lead to a Credit rather than a Debit and that he hasn't abandoned all hope yet. This is not how most supporters are understanding the current situation.
The Trust has said before....the lack of CEO continues to drive our club backwards. Until the Chairman recognises this (and does something about it) it's difficult to see how we move forward.

The Trust has a meeting pencilled with Ron for next week and will make a further statement, if appropriate, after that.

So the trust made an offer of financial help (presumably to assist with the late payment of staff wages?) and Ron ignored it?

Says it all.

If you do get a meeting with Ron, please ask him to consider selling his controlling share in the club. Before its too late for us all.

I wonder if he would have promised The Trust a place on the board if he had taken up your offer.:Smile2:

The question I'd ask is why are we still operating at a level beyond our means?

Why did we have the 5th highest wage bill in the division?

please could you ask Ron what the orange posters at the top stairs of the west stand and on a post in shakespear drive means to the club .It states that an application to knock down the football stadium . To make way for new dewlings . These went up on the 19th of jan 2020.

please could you ask Ron what the orange posters at the top stairs of the west stand and on a post in shakespear drive means to the club .It states that an application to knock down the football stadium . To make way for new dewlings . These went up on the 19th of jan 2020.
Ooh, I never saw those.
I am that way in the week (Shakespeare Drive) so will have a look

Probably should try rearranging that, assume you have, what’s the latest?

Still chasing, I've nudged my colleagues this morning. Knowing our Chairman (as opposed to the Club's), he will have been continuing to try and get something arranged.

From PF - he is getting increasingly frustrated by the lack of a meeting despite several attempts, and although apologies have been provided - there is still no firm date ....please feel free to contact him as usual should you wish to.

From PF - he is getting increasingly frustrated by the lack of a meeting despite several attempts, and although apologies have been provided - there is still no firm date ....please feel free to contact him as usual should you wish to.

IMO it just goes to show that RM isn't really interested in what The Trust have to say. It seems as time goes by they are more of a hindrance to him in his great scheme than anything else.

We know he won't tell you anything anyway. He treats the Trust no different from anybody else.

He appeases you when he feels like it as just another reason for him not to talk directly to the fans.

IMO it just goes to show that RM isn't really interested in what The Trust have to say. It seems as time goes by they are more of a hindrance to him in his great scheme than anything else.

We know he won't tell you anything anyway. He treats the Trust no different from anybody else.

He appeases you when he feels like it as just another reason for him not to talk directly to the fans.

Totally, course he isn’t and we have all known that for a while

Some will disagree with me, but I have said it many a time recently, only Ron Martin has put the club where it is. In 18 months we could potentially be non-league or even not here. The fire has been started and is simmering. For all the good he has done, is now being undone in a spectacular way.

The loyal fan base proves itself over and over and get treated with little respect, yet still we stand. Now it seems the Trust get little respect and even the managers are now getting little respect and as each day that goes past, more rumors and bad news rises from the fire like the phoenix.

I for one feel we only know a fraction of what is going on and if we stand silent, blinded in the hope of some sweeping statement, before we know it we could be the next Bury or Basingstoke Town.

By then it will be too little too late

Back