• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Shrimperstrust

Supporting SUFC
The Shrimpers Trust believe that a price increase, both for season tickets and in terms of matchday prices, at Southend United for the 2011/12 season was inevitable given the financial situation at the club stated by chief executive Tara Brady in his interview with BBC Essex earlier in the season.

The Trust were consulted by the Football Club, and we advised that we believed a matchday price of £20 would be acceptable given the necessity to recoup some of the losses sustained by the club on a monthly basis. It was also our opinion that season ticket prices, offering in essence around six free matches, should be built around this level.

The Statement in Full can be found here.

but its ok for the club to charge £21 for a match day ticket and not the £20 as what it was suppose to be ?

I imagine its £21.00 so the staff have to open the till for change & thus harder to steal (not that anyone would) money.

feel sorry for the fans that dont live close to the ground, they cant really get tickets in advance can they, and on match days due to the staffing levels if you get more than 2,000 fans paying on the day the either run out of ticket stubbs or miss the first 15 mins of the game.

Yet another example of more half truths by the club.

Yes, we consulted the supporters groups, but then decided to stick two fingers up at them & do what we wanted in the first place!

Yes, we consulted the supporters groups, but then decided to stick two fingers up at them & do what we wanted in the first place!

From what I understand the club consulted the Trust who consulted their committee members. I would like to know what other supporter's groups, if any, were consulted. Perhaps the club didn't want to consult members of the Zone en masse in case they didn't get the response they would want from the potential thousands of replies.

From what I understand the club consulted the Trust who consulted their committee members. I would like to know what other supporter's groups, if any, were consulted. Perhaps the club didn't want to consult members of the Zone en masse in case they didn't get the response they would want from the potential thousands of replies.

but if the club are going to quote supporters groups then surely SZ should have been one of them?

or more likely it sounds like good PR for the club to quote things like that when infact they havent really asked anyone.

I'm struggling to see why the trust have had to make a statement on this. Matchday tickets are going to be £21, or £19 in advance - so that seems in line with the Trusts recommendation.

Season tickets have always been a saving on 5 games free a year, however taking the view of 6 games free:

23 games less 6 = 17 games x £20 = £340

So the Trust are making a denial over the sake of £10?

oh yeh course they can, and then even more money on top of the price of a ticket, have you ever tried this ?

you can buy a ticket in advance for £19.00 and have it sent by text. there is NO booking fee for this . I do this for most matches, it works
If you forget your phone you simply go to the main ticket office and they print you a ticket

I'm struggling to see why the trust have had to make a statement on this. Matchday tickets are going to be £21, or £19 in advance - so that seems in line with the Trusts recommendation.

Season tickets have always been a saving on 5 games free a year, however taking the view of 6 games free:

23 games less 6 = 17 games x £20 = £340

So the Trust are making a denial over the sake of £10?

I agree with this . According to the trusts statement the club have done what they told the trust they would do .i.e. £19.00 pre booked, £21.00 on the day , an average of £20.00. (If the £2.00 matters then book in advance) .

Back