• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Tangled up in Blue

Certified Senior Citizen⭐
"Bye,Bye Miss American Pie.This is the day that the music died".
Since the Trust no longer seems to serve any useful purpose maybe it's time for it to be wound up? :unsure:

<The Shrimpers Trust are naturally disappointed to note the contents of the recent statement released by Southend United FC.

When the Winding-Up Petition against the Football Club served by Her Majesty’s Revenue & Customs was withdrawn in April, it was to be hoped that this would draw a line under the financial worries concerning the Club to a certain extent, allowing repayments to be made to creditors and payments to be made in full to all staff.

The Trust are not oblivious to the financial situation concerning football in general at the current time, with many high-profile cases prevalent in the national media and the news that staff were not paid in full on time is perhaps indicative of the sport’s position. We trust that they will, as claimed, be paid in full in due course.

Whilst the announcement that the Club may make a small number of staff redundant following relegation to League Two will be disappointing to those directly involved, it does show that the club is cutting its cloth accordingly now we are in the fourth tier of English football and not at a higher level. Southend United’s financial stability is paramount going into 2010/11.

Finally, we hope that, despite the Football League transfer embargo still being in place, Steve Tilson will be able to construct a squad that is able to compete and maintain a position in League Two with a view to pushing onwards and upwards in the future. Steve, his staff and the players that remain at the club deserve our fullest support going into the new season.<

I don't see why they should be wound up. It's very simple, you can support them or don't bother. Seeing as they are fans then they should have similar hopes for the club whether you're a member or not. I disagree with some of the things they do, but don't disagree with why they do them (if that makes sense).

However at the moment they do seem completely out of the loop. They did a good job in sorting the Q&A, but since then it's gone very quiet.

I don't see why they should be wound up. It's very simple, you can support them or don't bother. Seeing as they are fans then they should have similar hopes for the club whether you're a member or not. I disagree with some of the things they do, but don't disagree with why they do them (if that makes sense).

However at the moment they do seem completely out of the loop. They did a good job in sorting the Q&A, but since then it's gone very quiet.

I agree completely with what I've underlined above.
As it happens I'm a life member but rather wish I wasn't(if that makes any sense).:unsure:

Last edited:
I'm thinking about it.:unsure:

I beg you to keep us posted on this historic event. I expect BBC and Sky News to have reporters stationed outside your house night and day, reporting on the intrecate details of your decision making process, interviewing friends, family and neighbours. How will we know when you make up your mind? Will you post it on here, I reckon we need a special thread prefix so that people can easily spot it... we don't want to find it buried below 5 threads about Battrick. Will it be like a Papal Election with white smoke coming out of your chimney when we know you've made a decision? Please hurry up, because I'm simply dying to know... and so are millions...

Thought the Q & A came about through a small mob shouting abuse at Ron in the car park ?

I guess all fingers are crossed to see if RM comes through with his promised return of the loan by the end of June.

Don't hold your breath.

yes it was - do you still trust him to deliver? and what are the trust going to do if he doesn't cough up?

I suggest you address that question to Paul Fitz, James, you know I can't answer that without assumptions being made.

Back