• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Trust the f**king BBC...

Sussex Shrimper

Manager
First there's the news that the "Shrimpers" of Morecombe have rejected a bid for one of their players, and then there's this post-match reaction from our manager, Andy Tilson.

Aren't you glad you pay your license fee?

mad.gif

Nice to see we can rely on our national broadcaster for some top-notch accurate reporting.

Oh dear.....

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Sussex Shrimper @ Jan. 26 2005,13:35)]First there's the news that the "Shrimpers" of Morecombe have rejected a bid for one of their players, and then there's this post-match reaction from our manager, Andy Tilson.

mad.gif
laugh.gif

Andy Tilson

Not the first time either. This time, he is joined by match winner 'Easton' from teh Wycombe game.

More Andy Tilson banter

Err, and again. What is it that they know that we don't?
rock.gif
!

Rochdale get in on the act

There may be still be more too! The wonders of google.

And this afternoon on the BBC Southend 'Home Page', Andy Tilson insists the league is still the priority. Still, they get it right on the report.

BBC Sport

Steves Brother is called Andy ?? Maybe the BBC interviewed the wrong Tilson???

One Team In Essex
SOUTHEND UNITED FC THE ONLY ONE SHRIMPERS...

Thats pathetic. You'd at least think they'd research this stuff. Bet they never get any of the Premier$hite managers wrong.

They seem to have changed it now.

Fan power perchance?

WS

Well I suppose it's better than what was in an ITV report on one of our games the other month. It went something along the lines of:

"Southend keeper Aaron Flahavan was the star of the show"

That's just horrendous and inexcusable after what happened.
rock.gif
wow.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Andy_S @ Jan. 27 2005,19:52)]Well I suppose it's better than what was in an ITV report on one of our games the other month. It went something along the lines of:

"Southend keeper Aaron Flahavan was the star of the show"

That's just horrendous and inexcusable after what happened.
rock.gif
wow.gif
That's horrific ...

WS

down.gif

Thats shocking. I can't believe someone would be so disrespectful. I'm sure it wasn't intentional but still its bad.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (BoyWonder2 @ Jan. 27 2005,21:03)]Thats shocking. I can't believe someone would be so disrespectful. I'm sure it was intentional but still its bad.
I think you left out the word 'not'?

rock.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Sussex Shrimper @ Jan. 26 2005,13:35)]First there's the news that the "Shrimpers" of Morecombe have rejected a bid for one of their players, and then there's this post-match reaction from our manager, Andy Tilson.

mad.gif
I actually emailed the BBC and got it changed. The article now says Steve Tilson, but the title on the main page still says Andy Tilson!

I pointed out to them that their article quotes the official SUFC web site, which implies they must have read the article on the official site, which has our manager's name as Steve Tilson, and that they still couldn't get it right!

[b said:
Quote[/b] (overseas shrimper @ Jan. 28 2005,09:14)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (BoyWonder2 @ Jan. 27 2005,21:03)]Thats shocking. I can't believe someone would be so disrespectful. I'm sure it was intentional but still its bad.
I think you left out the word 'not'?

rock.gif
Yer your right.

Back