• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Went to Sharm 5 year's ago and they had armed security !

Security expert this morning was asking why no armed guard as the terrorist had to reload several times!

What next - an umbrella salesman suggesting it's going to rain?

And are you really suggesting that there should be armed security on Southend seafront?

Did I say the whole kit and kaboodle? The lies and filth and the recruitment of the scum that murder innocents or sign up stupid teenagers to fly to Syria are being spread by Twitter/Facebook and god knows what else. That part of social media needs to be clamped down on.

Can we start with our own streets before we tackle social media? Most of the Internet stuff is done via the dark web anyway.

Instead I propose a zero tolerance approach to those who'll openly spout their bile & hide behind the old freedom of speech nonsense. And just for example, by that, I mean the likes of Abu Hamza, who regularly touted death on the western civilisations. If it wasn't for the yanks, he'd still be here now.

Choudary is another one, he's still walking around, spouting his hatred (even though He probably is an undercover MI5 agent)

Those that burnt the poppies on Rememberance Day, only copped a £50 fine (which was not actually payable, due to the perpetrators being on benefits)

And lets not forget, Hamza (& Choudary still) visit mosques & have a public forum to spread their ideology & corrupt/brainwash people, whilst our authorities are too scared to do anything substantial, in fear of someone pulling the race/religion/freedom of speech card(s).

Zero tolerance mixed with substantial punishment, is what's needed.

Went to Sharm 5 year's ago and they had armed security !

Security expert this morning was asking why no armed guard as the terrorist had to reload several times!

Are you talkng about Egypt? If so that has a history of attacks on tourists so not surprised they do have armed guards.

If any resort was to say they needed armed guards as standard Id question how wise that place was to be listed as a holiday resort in the first place.

Are you talkng about Egypt? If so that has a history of attacks on tourists so not surprised they do have armed guards.

If any resort was to say they needed armed guards as standard Id question how wise that place was to be listed as a holiday resort in the first place.

Tunisia suffered an attack only several weeks ago,every resort should have been prepared which would have saved many lives.

There's armed security in Paris rail stations (Mind you, I saw one guy with an automatic weapon - but no clip!)

They did just have an attack recetnly too so not surprising. You wont see armed guards on their beaches though.

The more aggressive & smarter one's conduct their "business" via the dark web. You can't police the dark web

Maybe, but there's people - like those 3 teenage girls or the 3 mothers who left for Syria who probably dont have access to it either, but were still radicalised somehow.

Can we start with our own streets before we tackle social media? Most of the Internet stuff is done via the dark web anyway.

Instead I propose a zero tolerance approach to those who'll openly spout their bile & hide behind the old freedom of speech nonsense. And just for example, by that, I mean the likes of Abu Hamza, who regularly touted death on the western civilisations. If it wasn't for the yanks, he'd still be here now.

Choudary is another one, he's still walking around, spouting his hatred (even though He probably is an undercover MI5 agent)

Those that burnt the poppies on Rememberance Day, only copped a £50 fine (which was not actually payable, due to the perpetrators being on benefits)

And lets not forget, Hamza (& Choudary still) visit mosques & have a public forum to spread their ideology & corrupt/brainwash people, whilst our authorities are too scared to do anything substantial, in fear of someone pulling the race/religion/freedom of speech card(s).

Zero tolerance mixed with substantial punishment, is what's needed.

And how many people do you think are actually radicalised by the preachings of Hamza and Choudary compared to how many will be radicalised by clamping down on Muslims?

The EDL have recruited more to radical Islam than jokers like Choudary.

[video=youtube;7l1ZeWEacV0]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7l1ZeWEacV0[/video]

Maybe, but there's people - like those 3 teenage girls or the 3 mothers who left for Syria who probably dont have access to it either, but were still radicalised somehow.

See previous statement. I wouldn't necessarily disagree with you, about social media, but I doubt it's THE biggest driving force for converting people

..but the Dark Web could be shut down. Could it not?

I really don't know, but I doubt it. For starter's, It's far too big, and I mean considerably bigger than the web your used to. And secondly, it's anonymous, which makes tracking people impossible. You can't shut down a website, if you don't know where it's originating from.

And how many people do you think are actually radicalised by the preachings of Hamza and Choudary compared to how many will be radicalised by clamping down on Muslims?

The EDL have recruited more to radical Islam than jokers like Choudary.

[video=youtube;7l1ZeWEacV0]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7l1ZeWEacV0[/video]

Firstly, a fair few would & have been. Secondly, it only takes a few, to bring a nation to its knees. How many terrorists were involved in the London bombings? How many were involved with the Lee Rigby killing? The likes of Choudary & Hamza don't need an army to carry out their ******** work, just a few easily brainwashed people. So if they (and I'd stake my life on their being plenty of others, currently active in our country) can recruit a handful of puppets to cause chaos, they'd class that as successful I'm sure.

Firstly, a fair few would & have been. Secondly, it only takes a few, to bring a nation to its knees. How many terrorists were involved in the London bombings? How many were involved with the Lee Rigby killing? The likes of Choudary & Hamza don't need an army to carry out their ******** work, just a few easily brainwashed people. So if they (and I'd stake my life on their being plenty of others, currently active in our country) can recruit a handful of puppets to cause chaos, they'd class that as successful I'm sure.

And what about it from the other way round? Would you class it as successful if we stop a couple of jokers like Choudary preaching but end up radicalising hundreds of previously moderate Muslims who become disillusioned with being discriminated against on a daily basis and that makes them susceptible to being recruited by ISIS?

You only have to see what happened in Northern Ireland.

While certain Muslim extremists believe the Koran gives them legitimate rights to commit murder in the name of jihad, we don't stand an earthly of stopping this kind of attack. I firmly believe Muslim leaders worldwide must start preaching that this is totally wrong and is not how the Koran should be interpreted.

And are you really suggesting that there should be armed security on Southend seafront?

Now now Yorkie,the lady didn't quite say that as you well know,and yes mrs Blue all muslim holiday spots should have decent security imo.

It can get a bit funky down there on the odd Saturday night. Armed guards might be a bit OOT, but pickaxe handles wouldn't look out of place.

Back