• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

So the Westboro baptist church pickets the funerals of dead American soldiers (amongst others) calling them "faggots", so yes it does happen, just not by Muslims.

Firstly, they have a very small following. Less than 50 people.

Secondly, their "right" to protest has been all but wiped out, with differing States classing their actions a felony, which carries jail time & a massive fine.

Youll always get get these kind of tw@ts, in any country or religion. But the key point there, is that the correct authorities have moved to stop it completely. Meanwhile, over here, that swift & sensible action hasn't hasn't been forthcoming. Can you honestly tell me, the likes of Choudary, should be allowed to conduct his marches & demonstrations, in which he implores death & suffering on people like you & me? I.e. People who don't share his beliefs?

Can you honestly tell me, the likes of Choudary, should be allowed to conduct his marches & demonstrations, in which he implores death & suffering on people like you & me? I.e. People who don't share his beliefs?

Perhaps the security services like their enemies visible? If he goes underground, then surely he's far more dangerous that some cretin (that no doubt ) the vast majority of UK muslims, like us, think he is.

Perhaps the security services like their enemies visible? If he goes underground, then surely he's far more dangerous that some cretin (that no doubt ) the vast majority of UK muslims, like us, think he is.

How about being proactive though? He won't become invisible in prison. Instead, by continuing to allow him freedom to spread his hatred, there's a very real possibility he can & will infect vulnerable minds.

All this being said, I still wouldn't be surprised if he were an undercover agent though.

I'd largely do what's been done since 2007.

I think worrying about them is a self-fulfilling prophecy. The more you make a big fuss about them doing silly publicity stunts such as burning poppies the more you give them legitimacy and make them a rallying point for the disaffected. The last thing you want to do in this is create martyrs to the cause.

The mindless, thuggish behaviour of the EDL and their sympathisers who will push more towards radical Islam than the pull of a minor figure like Choudary. It's the EDL and their like who give credence to some of their outlandish claims like you can't be a practising Muslim in the UK by opposing Mosques, intimidating and threatening Muslims and make claims that there are no-go area for whites (which certainly came as a surprise to me happily living in one of those areas). That is what radicalises people far more than the preachings of one or two extremists.

As for working, look at what happened in Northern Ireland when the security forces tried to crackdown in the early 70s (late 60s?). That worked well didn't it.

But it did work very effectively after 1984, the year of the Brighton bomb. Once the IRA had tried to kill Maggie thatcher she gave the unofficial go ahead for the shoot to kill policy in Northern Island. With good intelligence from informers the SAS staged some major operations against the IRA usually resulting in death for the terrorists. Including, in one case, all eight who were on their way to bomb a police station. With out doubt this action helped force the IRA to the negotiating table as they were losing their 'war'

As we approach the ten year anniversary of 7/7, I wonder if the families of the victims see Choudary and his mates as a minor figure. Or for that matter when the next big incident happens in London, which could have a higher death toll than 9/11.

Sorry, I just can't be bothered at the moment to argue any further with you GBJ.

But I will just say what reaction do you think Choudary was trying to get by burning the poppies and do you think giving him the reaction that he wants would be a good idea? Just think about that.

But it did work very effectively after 1984, the year of the Brighton bomb. Once the IRA had tried to kill Maggie thatcher she gave the unofficial go ahead for the shoot to kill policy in Northern Island. With good intelligence from informers the SAS staged some major operations against the IRA usually resulting in death for the terrorists. Including, in one case, all eight who were on their way to bomb a police station. With out doubt this action helped force the IRA to the negotiating table as they were losing their 'war'

As we approach the ten year anniversary of 7/7, I wonder if the families of the victims see Choudary and his mates as a minor figure. Or for that matter when the next big incident happens in London, which could have a higher death toll than 9/11.
Except the British Government had been doing that since the 1920's . Your fighting a community , small hit squads of elite troops do not put them down , they force them to adapt to new technigues and make new supporters (as YB has said before re the problem we have with radicalised Muslims ) . IRA for instance were radicalised Christians or have you not made that connection ?

Me and Em went to a popular Tunisian resort to the north of the country not far from this all and it was just 2 weeks after the incident at the museum and security was very tight upon leaving/entering the airport grounds and also upon entering/leaving the resort! There were at least 3 armed guards and tbh we never felt unsafe or what not but scary to think how easy it can all escalate!

Tui are moving other reps into the resort of Sousse to give the reps there a bit of a break. I know one local girl of 19 who landed her "dream job" working for Tui on placement in Sousse for this season. I also know for a fact that some holiday makers have been extremely unpleasant to the reps, she's certainly learning the ropes the hardest way possible.

Booking up for Egypt very soon. Showing a little solidarity for the Middle East tourist destinations. And the fact that it's cheap as chips for where I'm going.

Through a Tube Darkly

Meanwhile, Tony Blair and London's deputy chief constable assured us that "of course" we all know that "the vast majority of Muslims" are not terrorists but law-abiding peace-loving people who share our revulsion at these appalling events, etc. My reaction whenever any official states a fact and gives it the imprimatur of government is to ask for the raw data:

If "of course" Mr Blair and Mr Paddick and the rest do indeed know that "the vast majority of Muslims" do not favour terrorism, is that because they've run the numbers and have a ballpark figure on the very very very slim minority of Muslims who do? And, if so, what is it? 0.02 per cent? Or two per cent? Or 20 per cent?

And, if they haven't run the numbers, why do they claim to speak with authority on this matter?

I think somewhere deep off the books in an eyes-only manila file someone somewhere in Her Majesty's Government does have the data. And I think the data would lead you to conclude that, if you were as committed to those amorphous "British values" as Mr Blair claimed to be that day, you would use every means possible in a free society to restrict Muslim immigration, charge and convict those who support the Queen's enemies, and ensure that disaffected young men like Germaine Lindsay do not have a big hole where their sense of national identity is, a hole that Islamic imperialism is only too happy to fill.

Instead, in the decade since July 7th 2005, Muslim immigration has accelerated. No one is surprised to be told there are now more Muslim Britons serving with ISIS than with the British armed forces. On the anniversary of the bombings The Daily Mirror offered this story:

Muslim leaders have responded to the Mirror's disturbing poll showing that 1.5 million Brits identified as supporters of the brutal so-called Islamic State... Staggeringly, the poll of 2,016 British adults taken over the weekend also found that support for the terror group was up by 2%, to 9%.

It found that 3% have a "very favourable view", up 1% from a year ago – suggesting that around half of Britain's three million Muslims could be ISIS sympathisers. Another 6% admitted having a "somewhat favourable" view, up from five per cent last year.

Omer El-Hamdoon, president of the Muslim Association of Britain, said: "Any numbers which favour ISIS are worrying.

"The reasons will no doubt be varied. One reason may be due to the perception that ISIS represents an opponent to the West and those who are dissatisfied or disenfranchised with the new Tory policies – of further cuts and civil rights strangulation - are using this anonymous platform to express their frustration."

But if it were the (entirely mythical) Tory "cuts" that were driving support for the Islamic State, why wouldn't 100 per cent of Guardian readers be waving ISIS flags?

As I've wondered many times, where's the happy ending on this trajectory? Are David Cameron and Anjem Choudhary just quibbling over precisely how Islamized Britain gets? Whether it's a full-blown Islamic republic or merely a pluralistic UK with all the social harmony of, say, Nigeria?

The murder of ten years ago was horrific. The suicide of a great nation is tragic. (Mark Steyn)

Booking up for Egypt very soon. Showing a little solidarity for the Middle East tourist destinations. And the fact that it's cheap as chips for where I'm going.

We went to Sharm last October. The resort had extremely heavy security (but it was only obvious around the periphery) as did most of the area. We thoroughly enjoyed ourselves.

That's actually quite interesting since it's the same as the UK.

I wonder if the government would also advise tourists to stay away from here.

For clarity I happen to agree with them, and you won't see me making a beeline for Tunisia any time soon. I just happen to find that interesting.

It makes you wonder who actually wanted increased muslim immigration. EU migration can't be controlled but immigration from outside the EU, IE Somalia, Pakistan, Afghanistan etc can and should have been controlled.

I might sound paranoid but I suspect that the EU has instructed it's member states to increase migration as a way of slowly eroding national identity and social cohesion in nation states. Beyond a critical point citizens will have only a loose affiliation with the state they live in. At that point it becomes much easier to replace nation states with the supranational EU.

The sick wahhabi strain of Islam responsible for the recent attack is a toxic ideology that's been spread by Saudi oil money. They've funded mosques and madrassas around the world for the last 30 years. The wahhabiists have been pushing their ultra-conservative vision and it leaves no room or tolerance for other religions (including shia Islam) or for atheism. Their goal is a global caliphate and submission to islam by all.

We're frequently told by politicians and the media that these people aren't real muslims. That's ********, they follow a literal interpretation of the koran so what else can they be but devoted followers of their faith. Even more frightening is their fusion of dark ages beliefs with 21st century social media and weaponry. They are a nihilistic death cult that has permission from their holy texts to annihilate anything that stands in their way.

People that are sympathetic to the diktats of a 6th century psychopath aren't necessarily the first people that should be admitted to 21st century democratic nation. We knew that after 7/7/05 so why has it been allowed to accelerate?

It makes you wonder who actually wanted increased muslim immigration. EU migration can't be controlled but immigration from outside the EU, IE Somalia, Pakistan, Afghanistan etc can and should have been controlled.

I might sound paranoid but I suspect that the EU has instructed it's member states to increase migration as a way of slowly eroding national identity and social cohesion in nation states. Beyond a critical point citizens will have only a loose affiliation with the state they live in. At that point it becomes much easier to replace nation states with the supranational EU.

The sick wahhabi strain of Islam responsible for the recent attack is a toxic ideology that's been spread by Saudi oil money. They've funded mosques and madrassas around the world for the last 30 years. The wahhabiists have been pushing their ultra-conservative vision and it leaves no room or tolerance for other religions (including shia Islam) or for atheism. Their goal is a global caliphate and submission to islam by all.

We're frequently told by politicians and the media that these people aren't real muslims. That's ********, they follow a literal interpretation of the koran so what else can they be but devoted followers of their faith. Even more frightening is their fusion of dark ages beliefs with 21st century social media and weaponry. They are a nihilistic death cult that has permission from their holy texts to annihilate anything that stands in their way.

People that are sympathetic to the diktats of a 6th century psychopath aren't necessarily the first people that should be admitted to 21st century democratic nation. We knew that after 7/7/05 so why has it been allowed to accelerate?
Do they though? Doesn't the quran also say thou shalt not kill?

Back