• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

OldBlueLady

Junior Blues Coordinator⭐⭐
Very surprised there hasn't been a thread on this over the weekend. Now saying more than 30 Brits assassinated by what might or might not have been a lone ISIS gunman.

My heartfelt sympathies to the victims and their families, my thanks to the tourist reps on the ground in the resorts there working hard with authorities, holidaymakers and the bereaved and utter admiration for the defiance of some Brits there refusing to cut their holidays short in support of the Tunisian economy.

RIP those innocent holidaymakers.

Not a lot really to say - we all feel shock at the utter pointlessness of it all, of a young man who's head was turned by an absolute evil organisation.

Surely it can't be long before the west HAS to get involved in the fight against ISIS?

Friend of mine was out there in the hotel next to the one where most of the victims were staying, said it was terrifying, everyone just ran for cover and they had people from that hotel staying in the hotel with them telling them that they'd seen people being shot. Said that within an hour or two everywhere had armed guards on the doors and patrolling, and they flew back yesterday.

Watching BBC News last night I really wasn't keen on them taking a stance of blaming Tunisia for a lack of protection, these kind of attacks could happen anywhere at any time, you can't expect all tourist resorts to have armed guards strolling the beach for protection.

Not a lot really to say - we all feel shock at the utter pointlessness of it all, of a young man who's head was turned by an absolute evil organisation.

Surely it can't be long before the west HAS to get involved in the fight against ISIS?

Keep hearing this sort of comment, Im not sure what people thing it would achieve. Whats the West meant to do?

Its not something we can win with an army, wiping out the ISIS "army" wont work, most of ISIS are small groups spread all over the middle east, even if we attacked the larger groups it will just encourage more of these lone wolf psychos.

Just cant see how this ever ends.

Keep hearing this sort of comment, Im not sure what people thing it would achieve. Whats the West meant to do?

Its not something we can win with an army, wiping out the ISIS "army" wont work, most of ISIS are small groups spread all over the middle east, even if we attacked the larger groups it will just encourage more of these lone wolf psychos.

The first step should be shutting down this "social media" that keeps turning the heads of the young and very stupid.

I think rather than going in with an army (as you say, won't work...and in my opinion doing that in the first place with the Iraq war has directly caused ISIS to emerge) we need to stop the communication between the terrorists.

I think social media like Facebook/Twitter can surely do more to stop the propaganda? Most of these youngsters all around the world get radicalised by the internet. Not saying this is easy to do, but surely more money can be pumped into focusing on this.

RIP to all who have lost their lives.

Three Walsall supporters killed in the attack, I have a very good friend who is a Saddler and looking forward to his trip down here in August, though somehow takes the edge of it

RIP all those killed

How?

Sending in armed forces is arguably what started it all off in the first place. Creating an "us" v "them" scenario between the Western world and Islam is probably the worst possible thing that could happen.

The first step should be shutting down this "social media" that keeps turning the heads of the young and very stupid.

Take down 'Social Media' which the whole globe uses and enjoys because of Terrorism? That would surely be Terrorism's biggest ever victory? Rubbish idea

How?

Sending in armed forces is arguably what started it all off in the first place. Creating an "us" v "them" scenario between the Western world and Islam is probably the worst possible thing that could happen.

Just allow them to carry on then?

Take down 'Social Media' which the whole globe uses and enjoys because of Terrorism? That would surely be Terrorism's biggest ever victory? Rubbish idea

Did I say the whole kit and kaboodle? The lies and filth and the recruitment of the scum that murder innocents or sign up stupid teenagers to fly to Syria are being spread by Twitter/Facebook and god knows what else. That part of social media needs to be clamped down on.

Did I say the whole kit and kaboodle? The lies and filth and the recruitment of the scum that murder innocents or sign up stupid teenagers to fly to Syria are being spread by Twitter/Facebook and god knows what else. That part of social media needs to be clamped down on.

Facebook and Twitter have been put under pressure to do exactly what you are saying for years and have always resisted under the guise of 'free speech infringement' which is, to my mind, a complete cop out. I think they should be forced to comply with a controlled information gathering operation under strict guidelines or face some sort of regulation.

Just allow them to carry on then?

Whilst it needs to be stopped how do you stop one person grabbing a gun and going on a rampage.

You cant beat that with tanks and jets.

If the US cant stop its own citizens doing it on home soil what hope is there to stop Islamic extremists doing it in other countries.

Spot on in my book. As the US learnt in Vietnam you can't win a gorilla war with boots on the ground. The same analogy applies here with the widespread fight against IS etc, only this is over a much wider geographical area. Killing 1000 IS terrorists on the outskirts Kabul or Allepo will make for good headlines and help halt the inevitable spread of their warped view of Islam and their proposed Islamic State but it will do nothing to help stop the individuals rallying to the IS cause. In fact it could be argued it would make matters a damn sight worse and atrocities the like of which we've seen recently all the more likely and commonplace.

Do I have an answer? Hell no, no one does. And I mean no one. Cameron, Obama, Hollande et al can all trot out the same platitudes and soundbites when it comes to protecting their respective citizens but the truth is they can't. They can just do their best to minimize that risk. Unfortunately that risk s becoming greater by the day and they don't have an answer to it.

Dark times ahead my friends, dark times.

RIP to those murdered !

Why did the police take 38 minutes to respond ?
Why no armed security on the resort ?

Been hearing the warmongers over the weekend spouting "take out IS" ,the warmongers are just as bad !
Governments created the mess and have zero idea what to do to stop it.

My view,
STOP invading Muslim countries would be a good starting point,however I think sadly we are now way past the point of no return.

RIP to those murdered !

Been hearing the warmongers over the weekend spouting "take out IS" ,the warmongers are just as bad !

My view,
STOP invading Muslim countries would be a good starting point,however I think sadly we are now way past the point of no return.
Why would there be? Would you expect there to be armed police down Southend seafront or on the beach at Benidorm?

If there was no intelligence, as seems to be the case, then there would be no reason for there to have been any armed security there at all.

Why would there be? Would you expect there to be armed police down Southend seafront or on the beach at Benidorm?

If there was no intelligence, as seems to be the case, then there would be no reason for there to have been any armed security there at all.

Went to Sharm 5 year's ago and they had armed security !

Security expert this morning was asking why no armed guard as the terrorist had to reload several times!

Whilst it needs to be stopped how do you stop one person grabbing a gun and going on a rampage.

You cant beat that with tanks and jets.

If the US cant stop its own citizens doing it on home soil what hope is there to stop Islamic extremists doing it in other countries.
You can't, but makes it less likely if there is less radical material on the internet.

RIP to those murdered !

My view,

Dunno, but I agree with you, that was bloody quick.

Back