• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Turning the corner.

Lester Bangs

Manager
Just been looking at the 'who will play against Tranmere' thread and with the options available to Sir Tilly we really do have quite a decent side on paper assuming all are fit and ready for action.

Now, for the first time in a while, I think we have the potential to ride out the storm and start moving away from the relegation pack. There is still the issue of who's going to get the goals but I saw enough last night to convince me that everything is in place regarding build up play.

Maybe I'm feeling overly optimistic this morning (I don't know why). Any thoughts?

Just been looking at the 'who will play against Tranmere' thread and with the options available to Sir Tilly we really do have quite a decent side on paper assuming all are fit and ready for action.

Now, for the first time in a while, I think we have the potential to ride out the storm and start moving away from the relegation pack. There is still the issue of who's going to get the goals but I saw enough last night to convince me that everything is in place regarding build up play.

Maybe I'm feeling overly optimistic this morning (I don't know why). Any thoughts?

I'm with you. Whilst the result didn't come off last night, I thought there was a lot of positives from that performance. Throw in Baldwin and Vernon and M'Voto returning to full fitness then we have a very strong squad IMO. It's been a while since we could say that.

Players like Moussa, Francis and Scannell also showed that they're up for the fight and will have a big part to play

Its the same old story nice build up play, creating chances, not converting them, conceding very soft goals!

We do have options now though when everyone is available, I have written off most of our away games but feel that we have enough to win the games at home that we really need to.

Yeah agree with that.

Roll on the 8-0 annihilation of tranmere :support:;)

Last edited:
Come on guys, lets not get carried away!

Tranmere have been improving recently, and have the fire of a team facing relegation as opposed to us who seem to have the swagger of a team who feel that they are just going through the motions now (cant go up, cant go down)....We will need to be dragged into the bottom three before the side actually sit up and think (oh sh*t, we have to play for our survival now!)

Ok, the reality is that we DO stand a good chance of winning on Saturday, but we MUST MUST MUST approach the game with some serious fire in our belly, otherwise we may end up getting turned over....

With Norwich, Charlton and MK Dons left after Tranmere, I think we have to accept that we will be in the bottom three by March. However, looking at the fixtures in March, we have every chance to turn the corner and get out of this upcoming mess and hopefully end the season a few places out of "the zone".

Come on guys, lets not get carried away!

Tranmere have been improving recently, and have the fire of a team facing relegation as opposed to us who seem to have the swagger of a team who feel that they are just going through the motions now (cant go up, cant go down)....We will need to be dragged into the bottom three before the side actually sit up and think (oh sh*t, we have to play for our survival now!)

Ok, the reality is that we DO stand a good chance of winning on Saturday, but we MUST MUST MUST approach the game with some serious fire in our belly, otherwise we may end up getting turned over....

With Norwich, Charlton and MK Dons left after Tranmere, I think we have to accept that we will be in the bottom three by March. However, looking at the fixtures in March, we have every chance to turn the corner and get out of this upcoming mess and hopefully end the season a few places out of "the zone".

Well Tilly has admitted for the first time that we are in a relegation fight (and have been for a few weeks) so I don't think the player will be under any illusions.

Im with you.

I think the basics of the squad if you include the loaness looks pretty good. I dont think were going to be amazing but I think we will have enough to stay up. I think there are some really poor sides out there and I dont think were on of them not that I rate us that much.

Home form will be essential as were useless away from home and I think that needs to start on saturday.

Back