• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Tut tut tut

chadded

Not striking since 2004
According to page two of todays echo, a theatre group were prevented from performingin the function room of the Spread on Saturday night as the noise from the football fans and the (Geordie Chris) disco was too great.

Fancy someone asking a theatre group to perform above a pub on a Sat night that has a disco going on... **** up brewery comes to mind.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (new bloke @ Jan. 05 2004,16:11)]Fancy someone asking a theatre group to perform above a pub on a Sat night that has a disco going on... **** up brewery comes to mind.
That's what I thought. Did anyone in the Spread after the game notice said theatre group?

Would they be the ones going round kissing each other on the cheek and calling each other darling.. and I am not talking about Patsy and Snowy
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

I have seen them in there many evenings lately rehearsing for said play. Article said they could not compete with the chanting and pub juke-box. Landlord Phil said it is a SUSC pub and Saturday is football day . Top bloke.

What a fantastic story! Although I bet the Nimby's who will no doubt oppose any future stadium development will file that story away to be dragged out and used in (misguided and wrong) evidence against us as loud, moronic hooligans.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Leeboy @ Jan. 06 2004,10:11)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (Napster @ Jan. 06 2004,10:06)]The offending article has pride of place on the wall next to the youth (and Leeboy) at Canvey...
The Spread Eagle "Rogues Gallery".........
wink.gif
Well, if you hadn't have worn your paramilitary gear, it could all so easily been avoided...

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Napster @ Jan. 06 2004,10:06)]The offending article has pride of place on the wall next to the youth (and Leeboy) at Canvey...
even though I'm only just in that photo my Mum spotted me, ordered it from the Echo, framed it and got it me for Xmas.

.....Just as well I got the Office DVD as well or I would have beena bit miffed!

My mum did the same thing a few years a go when I was in the Echo with Carl Hutchings following our 4-1 win away to Stevenage in the LDV.

Same sort of thing happened to me. I was in a photo next to a grl friend (not girlfriend, I might add). My ex had forgotten we were playing as it was a midweek game but unbeknownst to me, my mate was supposed to be with her husband that evening.

We both had some explaining to do the following evening when the papers were bought .....
rock.gif

Worse one was when I first tore the cruciate ligaments in my knee. I was off work for 4 weeks and was bored as f**k so decided to make a Saturday trip to Plymouth. Having hobbled up and down hill on my crutches to get to the pub and then the stadium I find myself in the Echo on Monday in a crowd scene picture.

Good job no one spotted it!

Finally got to read said article last night and fair play to the Spread land-lord, quite clearly telling everyone it's a Southend United pub, Saturday is match day and there is bound to be a bit of noise from supporters.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (McScriven @ Jan. 06 2004,23:38)]I find myself in the Echo on Monday in a crowd scene picture.

Its been added to your "R" File!

[b said:
Quote[/b] (ph437 @ Jan. 07 2004,20:39)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (McScriven @ Jan. 06 2004,23:38)]I find myself in the Echo on Monday in a crowd scene picture.

Its been added to your "R" File!
Good job it wasn't with my current employers then!

[b said:
If anyone takes the yoof's moment of fame off the wall we may be forced to replace it with the real version recently ordered from the echo

biggrin.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Shrimpersarmy @ Jan. 07 2004,23:08)]
[b said:
If anyone takes the yoof's moment of fame off the wall we may be forced to replace it with the real version recently ordered from the echo

biggrin.gif
Nope it's still there seems we've started a press cuttings section in the Spread.

Back