• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

TV coverage

lawrenceaustin

Schoolboy
I'm just wondering how much coverage we will get this year in the NL as we won't have the sky sports highlights will we? or ifollow? but have been told bt sports will be covering the NL?

so, a silly question, but do we expect to have less coverage tv wise than last year?

as i am being led to believe otherwise (from a commercial sponsorship perspective)

If we are near the top, making an good run in FA Cup and get an home game against an league 1 side, we could be on BT sports live at least 12 time.

ok and if we don't get a good fa cup run (as we never do) and if we are not near the top (which without sounding pessimistic) could be a strong possibility - how does our coverage look then?

Aside from the chance of being selected for a live match BT stick a highlights show on their YouTube channel each week, so at a minimum we'll be on that. Some clubs also have extended highlights on their own YouTube channels but I guess it's up to Ron if we do that or not.

Reckon we'll have a few games live. Depending on how the fixtures play out if we get something like Kings Lynn or Weymouth away early I'd say that's nailed on TV, a real welcome to non-league game.
The highlights package is on BT sport as well and then usually on a Monday it is on that freesports channel, I believe that's on freeview as well as all cable and satellite.
Funny really that TV wise this division gets more coverage than league one or two and if you're up the top come the end of the season you'll get more live TV coverage than a championship team.

Alongside the FA Trophy BT sport is the biggest gripe for teams with regards to fixtures being moved, especially late in the season, they tend to just move fixtures and kick off times at the 11th hour, which, if fans are allowed to games next season, can really mess people about.

The fee received for live coverage is minimal. Often it costs away teams more if their match is selected for an early Saturday kick off, as it means travelling on the day is ruled out and requires an overnight stay.

Surely we would be a top draw for bt sports showing NL games as it’s our first time at this level in modern era. Everyone in the league will want to come to roots hall and do us in.

I'm just wondering how much coverage we will get this year in the NL as we won't have the sky sports highlights will we? or ifollow? but have been told bt sports will be covering the NL?

so, a silly question, but do we expect to have less coverage tv wise than last year?

as i am being led to believe otherwise (from a commercial sponsorship perspective)

I thought I heard that we are guaranteed at least 5 games live on BY sport and obvs if we are doing well then more on top of that. Plus highlights on BT sport Saturday nights

Can pretty much guarantee that the first time you’re away to a minnow you’ll be selected in the hope of it being your inevitable “welcome to the National League” car crash defeat. Might get your first ever non-league game wherever it is, for similar reasons.

I expect you’ll get a minimum of 4 live games, and that’s if you’re having a dodgy season. Plenty more sizeable ex-League clubs than when we were there, so you’ll have to share with the Counties, Grimsby, Wrexham, Yeovil etc. They’re a bit more egalitarian than Sky with their endless Big 6 coverage.

Can pretty much guarantee that the first time you’re away to a minnow you’ll be selected in the hope of it being your inevitable “welcome to the National League” car crash defeat. Might get your first ever non-league game wherever it is, for similar reasons.

I expect you’ll get a minimum of 4 live games, and that’s if you’re having a dodgy season. Plenty more sizeable ex-League clubs than when we were there, so you’ll have to share with the Counties, Grimsby, Wrexham, Yeovil etc. They’re a bit more egalitarian than Sky with their endless Big 6 coverage.
Be honest - how **** is this going to be? Scale of 1-10……

When is BT's slot for non-league matches?

Is it all Saturday at 12pm or Sunday at 6pm or something?

Back