• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

TV progammes that have dragged on far too long

1) Eastenders - that happy soap where everyday is fun filled in albert square and where of course story lines are never repeated annually!

2)Little Britian - should of stopped after first season.

3) Lost - WTF!

4) Simpsons - may cause some arguement but the new ones are just not as funny anymore. Should stop now while still on top.

5) Big Brother - Aussie's have go it right with ending it and Britain should follow. First one was watchable as it was different and interesting but now it is like watching paint dry on growing grass. End it.

6) The whole of channel 5 - what is the point of this channel?

If we are nominating entire channels, I'd nominate ITV1. I'd be tempted to nominate the entire ITV network, but ITV4 shows the Tour De France and occasionally decent films. The rest of the network is irredeemable.

Oh and Question of Sport should have been wound up when Coleman wisely retired.

A Question of Sport

Not been the same since Beefy and Beaumont were captains and David Coleman was in charge!

A Question of Sport

Not been the same since Beefy and Beaumont were captains and David Coleman was in charge!

I believe A Question of Sport was commissioned by the military for use in interrogating suspects at Guantánamo Bay. There can be no other rational reason for it still to be filmed.

I defy anyone to withstand more than 2 minutes of Sue Barker flirting with Ally McCoist without breaking down.

The programme was dated by the time They Think It Is All Over came onto the scene. The fact that it is still going when TTIIAO itself has jumped the shark beggars belief.

I believe A Question of Sport was commissioned by the military for use in interrogating suspects at Guantánamo Bay. There can be no other rational reason for it still to be filmed.

I defy anyone to withstand more than 2 minutes of Sue Barker flirting with Ally McCoist without breaking down.

The programme was dated by the time They Think It Is All Over came onto the scene. The fact that it is still going when TTIIAO itself has jumped the shark beggars belief.

Ally McCoist isn't on it anymore.... Team captains are Matt Dawson and Phil Tufnell.

They have tried refreshing the format a tiny bit for this current season, I think it's OK for a little light entertainment.

But I was thinking about it the other week, what I love about the old days of the show, with David Coleman, was that I used to watch it every week with my mum and dad, who aren't really into sport at all, but they would enjoy watching it with me and see how many answers I could get right!

Never Mind the Buzzcocks (never been the same since Mark Lamar left :()

Personally, I think Amstell has been the breath of fresh air that show desperately needed to endure for a few more series. But I can see why people would disagree

Personally, I think Amstell has been the breath of fresh air that show desperately needed to endure for a few more series. But I can see why people would disagree

Worth continuing purely for the show when Amstell made Preston from Ordinary Boys storm off. TV Gold.

Agree that ITV1 should be struck from the realms of existance. The only program that deserves saving is the Championship.

Shows like 24, Lost, Heroes (waits for rebukes) could have hugely benefitted from only having 2 series, there is a huge tendancy for USA shows like this to go on too long and make their plots SO complicated and conspiracy theory based it's ridiculous.

Worth continuing purely for the show when Amstell made Preston from Ordinary Boys storm off. TV Gold.

Agree that ITV1 should be struck from the realms of existance. The only program that deserves saving is the Championship.

Shows like 24, Lost, Heroes (waits for rebukes) could have hugely benefitted from only having 2 series, there is a huge tendancy for USA shows like this to go on too long and make their plots SO complicated and conspiracy theory based it's ridiculous.

Your rebuke starts here! Heroes series 3 looks like it's going to be tip-top! Sylar lets out all the baddies and it's going to be a biatch fight :)

Another American show that should have only been a few series' long was The X-Files which got absolutely ridiculous.

And as for ITV1 - we've got Al Murray and.... erm....ah....

Sacrifices must be made for the greater good!

Agreed - I am a big fan of Mark Lamarr but Amstell has been a more than worthy successor.

As Jonny's point proves. Also loved the Donny Tourette abuse of Bill Bailey.

I think Police 5 has jumped the shark and these days I only watch my personally compiled 'Best of' DVDs.

This is all I watch apart from military documentaries and repeats of Jack Hargreaves' Out of Town .

Last edited:
Takeshi's castle jumped the shark many moons ago....

Oh hang on, they jump over a pink polystyrene whale..... :dim:

Back