• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

TV programmes you'd like to see again

Just for you. Did you know that the BBC had many complaints over the years about that test card, as some parents said their kids would stare at it for ages and almost go into a trance.
hqdefault.jpg
I was one of those kids lol. Used to stand and stare at it for ages. My mum used to work in the Palace gentleman’s club as the cleaner and I used to go and help her early morning and the first thing I would do would be to switch on the telly and stare at that image.
It’s funny what you can recall so clearly as children

Looking at all these posts reminds me of some classics and thinking about TV when I was child I remember my first programme in colour.
We were not fortunate enough to have a colour telly when they came out but my neighbour did and I remember going round there on a Saturday morning with my first programme in colour being “Wacky Races”.
I also remember being fascinated by the BBC test card which was bright in colour - the girl with the clown

Useless fact the Clown was called "Bubbles"

35/36 years ago there was a series on bbc2 on a Thursday night at 9.30 about a bunch of youths forming a band. For the life of me I can’ recall what it was called. I”be googled for it in the past without any luck. I know it was on just as I was going home from scouts, hence I am (fairly) sure on the timings.
Anyone know what I am talking about- I know a teenage me thought it was brilliant

35/36 years ago there was a series on bbc2 on a Thursday night at 9.30 about a bunch of youths forming a band. For the life of me I can’ recall what it was called. I”be googled for it in the past without any luck. I know it was on just as I was going home from scouts, hence I am (fairly) sure on the timings.
Anyone know what I am talking about- I know a teenage me thought it was brilliant

I you fancy a hunt.... https://genome.ch.bbc.co.uk/issues#decade-1980

Was it a fly on the wall type, or drama?

Tuckers Luck was on BBC2 on Thursday nights around that time tho' not specifically about a band.

That was the week that was or TW3 for fans.I thank our Nan for letting me and my younger brother (not Rob Noxious,the other one ) for staying up late on Saturday nights back in the early 6o's to see this groundbreaking satirical show (while our parents were at the dogs).

I remember a drama about a band's rise to fame (and then fall) but that was in the 90s and starred Fish from Marillion.

Edit: Twas The Young Person's guide to becoming a Rock Star.

Tour of Duty, early 1990s? series about Vietnam war, good IIRC.

This reminds me of another series in the early 90's about the Vietnam war, sure it was called Frankies House? I remember going to my dads for the weekend and him letting me watch it, can't really remember if it was good or not. I know I thought it was great because it was one of the 1st things I was allowed to watch with adult themes.

Just checked IMDB and it is rated 7.4 so it probably was alright.

What type of music was the band playing and singing? Can't find anything with the clues given so far. And was it definitely BBC 2 ?

What type of music was the band playing and singing? Can't find anything with the clues given so far. And was it definitely BBC 2 ?
My memory says Thursday 9.30 bbc2 1983 give or take a year,joy division style.
I now feel compelled to find it.
Do doubt it will be channel 4 Wednesday 8.00pm 1980 about hair dressing and total crap!
How the memory does strange things as you get older

Back