• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

EastStandBlue

Life President
Without wanting to take away from Pubey's DIY threads, I've recently moved into a new place and while I had my TV mounted on the wall where I used to live, the landlord's a bit funny about fixtures and fittings, so I'm having to place it back on its stand.

That wouldn't be a problem at all, only I've mislaid the original screws which fix said TV to said stand. I know the size of screw (M4xL12), but is there any reason why a standard pan head screw of the same size wouldn't work, rather than the £3-per-screw equivalent Samsung spare sites are trying to flog me?

I thought this was going to be a thread about the guards in Prisoner Cell Block H:sad:

I thought this was going to be a thread about the guards in Prisoner Cell Block H:sad:

TV Screws remind me of the red triangles Channel 4 used to have when a programme/film was going to be a bit risque. It was like iron filing to a magnet for a teenage lad :smile:

Anyway, back to topic - I'm sure they'd work fine if the thread/length are the same. Besides once you've got your deposit back who cares if it falls over and kills the cat?

South essex fasteners on temple farm will sell you 4 for alot less than you've been quoted for 1.

I can get 100 for less than Samsung (or there spare parts affiliate sites) have quoted me for one, I just wanted to check using them wouldn't result in my TV sprawled across the floor!

I can get 100 for less than Samsung (or there spare parts affiliate sites) have quoted me for one, I just wanted to check using them wouldn't result in my TV sprawled across the floor!
If they're the same size! your fine (unless holes in stand are countersunk):thumbsup:

TV Screws remind me of the red triangles Channel 4 used to have when a programme/film was going to be a bit risque. It was like iron filing to a magnet for a teenage lad :smile:

Anyway, back to topic - I'm sure they'd work fine if the thread/length are the same. Besides once you've got your deposit back who cares if it falls over and kills the cat?

Indeed. They stopped doing that when the ratings started to go up!

Just make sure they aren't too long. You could poke a thin screwdriver in the hole and see how far out goes before you hit something then make sure the screed you get are shorter than that

The genuine question is whether the Samsung screws are better quality or not. I'm 99.9% sure they're not, and Samsung try and scare you into buying theirs by pricing them so high as to imply they are far better quality.

I would probably ring up someone like Richer Sounds and ask them what to do...

I too was disappointed....

ronnie_porridge_1398550c.jpg

You'll all be delighted to know the £1 screws from Wickes have done the job perfectly. **** you, Samsung.

Disappointed MK. This bloke has identified a problem, researched the market, bought the screws and done the job. And there has been no news on the fridge move.

What's going on already?

You will need a special TV screwdriver

I have one in good condition you can have for thirty quid.

Disappointed MK. This bloke has identified a problem, researched the market, bought the screws and done the job. And there has been no news on the fridge move.

What's going on already?

This.

If you want a hand MK I'm more than happy to pop over. I'll just do it in true NR fashion - 18 monthly installments conducted at the least convenient time possible.

This.

If you want a hand MK I'm more than happy to pop over. I'll just do it in true NR fashion - 18 monthly installments conducted at the least convenient time possible.

Cool. Christmas day when the rest of you stiffs are getting drunk on cheap Albanian beer? We start at 7am.

Back