• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Question TV shows with great soundtracks

davewebbsbrain

Webby⭐
The wife is watching Waterloo Road from the start and I've noticed there is a lot of music played during each show. A lot of it is Indie and bloody good too.

What shows do you watch that have great music sound tracks?

Anything that has a soundtrack from that era, like say Call The Midwife, which has some excellent late-fifties songs or Life on Mars, with it's seventies backdrop.

Anything that has a soundtrack from that era, like say Call The Midwife, which has some excellent late-fifties songs or Life on Mars, with it's seventies backdrop.

Call the Midwife is well into the 60s now, I like that the music moves with the times.

Incidentally, plenty of shows have used tracks by the Rifles as part of their musical background - loads and loads of Gavin and Stacey episodes (James Corden is a big fan); Tom Kerridge's cookery programmes; Mary Berry and Sky Sports. All ok by me.

Last edited:
The first three series were set in late 1950's, I thought, with the first in 1957, though it has now reached the mid-sixties in series 8, I agree.

Last edited:
Although I never watched it, my other half liked Heartbeat and that always got my feet tapping in the other room where I'd be doing something else when it was on....

Just started watching End of the F'ing World. That's got some pretty decent music

Billy Cotton Band Show
Juke Box Jury
Six-Five Special
The Music Box
Oh Boy!
Cool For Cats
Ready Steady Go!
Thank Your Lucky Stars
Face The Music
Colour Me Pop
The Beat Room
Jazz 625
Gadzooks! It's All Happening
Young At Heart
Check It Out
Cheggers Plays Pop
Get It Together
Disco 2
Music Time
My Music
Revolver
Rock Goes To College
Shang-a-Lang
The Old Grey Whistle Test
Alright Now
The Chart Show
The Pepsi Chart Show
Network 7
The-O-Zone
The Tube
Sounds Like Music
Saturday Live
Minipops
CD-UK
Later With Jools Holland
Hangar 17
Top of The Pops
Top Of The Pops 2
The O Zone
The White Room

and not forgetting

Eurovision Song Contest

Love Shazam for this sort of stuff.

Nothing more annoying than hearing something playing in the background of a drama and thinking "who the hell did this!"

Back