• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

TV Shows You Loved, But Apparently Nobody Else Did...

My shout would be Terminator: Sarah Connor Chronicles. Great cast, really good stories and effects and nice twist at the end of the 2nd season

Agreed, though in some episodes it definitely lost its way. I guess the mess of T3 & T4 destroyed the story line. Listening to Radio 5 yesterday, Linda Hamilton was NOT a fan!

Studio 60 was great, but as soon as Sorkin realised it was going to get canned, the script went to pot and the latter episodes are all over the place. Nothing will ever beat the first five minutes of the pilot though. I've never been so excited by a TV show as I was watching that for the first time.

I always really liked Enterprise, the Star Trek prequel. All the modern Star Treks were a bit too preachy and liberal for my liking, but this one was right on the button. Instead of reaching out across space in friendship, the humans were scared ****less and armed to the teeth. It was exceptionally well written, character driven and occasionally quite amusing.

Awful, awful theme tune though. I suspect that ruined it for most people. Shame.

As mentioned by by YB Monley Dust was so funny I loved it

KYTV was a superb micky take of SKY TV

Jonny Vaughan did a sit-com comedy cant recall its name but it was good fun.

Rockcliffs babies was a Bill type drama which I liked as a kid.

Top Buzzer?

Freak and Geeks.

10f5hjc.jpg

I loved this but they only made one series of it.

I always really liked Enterprise, the Star Trek prequel. All the modern Star Treks were a bit too preachy and liberal for my liking, but this one was right on the button. Instead of reaching out across space in friendship, the humans were scared ****less and armed to the teeth. It was exceptionally well written, character driven and occasionally quite amusing.

Awful, awful theme tune though. I suspect that ruined it for most people. Shame.

Jolene Blalock more than made up for any of the show inadequacies.

I used to like Seven Days, and the first couple of series of Sliders. Monkeydust was the best.

It has been mentioned several times but The Adventure Game was TV gold.

So was blockbusters. Why we have to suffer Hollyoaks in the early evening slot makes me worry about the intellectual state of the nations adolescents.

The Riches - Eddie Izzard & Minnie Driver as a couple of con-agent carnies. Only lasted a series and a half before getting the dreaded cancellation notices. Again, well written and never predictable.

Good shout on the Riches, i thought it was a great series, unfortunately due to the writers strike which occurred during the filming of the 2nd series, it was curtailed half way through then some TV Execs decided enough was enough, typical buffers.

For easy watching comic book TV, I used to like watching Pushing Daisies.

I do think that US TV companies tend to scrap shows too quickly, British TV seems to show that sometimes persisting with a show can bring success in the end.

Good shout on the Riches, i thought it was a great series, unfortunately due to the writers strike which occurred during the filming of the 2nd series, it was curtailed half way through then some TV Execs decided enough was enough, typical buffers.

I did hear Izzard and the Russian guy who wrote/directed the show now want to make it into a movie, so one to keep an eye on.

East bound and Down - us comedy that nobody seems to know about , but is **** hot !

Clarence - comedy with Ronnie Barker , used to crack me and my brother up .

I can't remember what it was called, but Ricky Gervais did a chat show which was superb. Most of the interviewees didn't know what to expect & was hilarious. One of the best bits was viewers writing the theme tune at the end of the show. Must look for it on YouTube when I get home!

I can't remember what it was called, but Ricky Gervais did a chat show which was superb. Most of the interviewees didn't know what to expect & was hilarious. One of the best bits was viewers writing the theme tune at the end of the show. Must look for it on YouTube when I get home!

The 11 o'clock show? I think he took over after Ali G left it...

Back