• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Twitter

Fluminese are in financial difficulty, them or Flamengo i think. What about asking the BBC guy who supports us, Matt Baker?

Have we tried @stephenfry yet? He's a Norwich City fan and King of Twitter, a tweet of support from him would send things through the roof believe me.

Anyone tried Noel Gallagher? Big footie fan and, I guess, loads of followers?

I would do this myself but I don't understand Twitter at all!! :stupidme: If someone wants to pm me step by step instructions I'll tweet every famous footie fan I can think of!

I would do this myself but I don't understand Twitter at all!! :stupidme: If someone wants to pm me step by step instructions I'll tweet every famous footie fan I can think of!

Yeah, go for the 'only team with 100% record against Man U' angle

Likewise, I really don't know what I'm doing here. I want to flag this up to US sports writer Bill Simmons. Strange choice you may think but he's a twitter whore, is starting to get in to 'soccer' and would sympathise with us. Please explain.

Have we tried @stephenfry yet? He's a Norwich City fan and King of Twitter, a tweet of support from him would send things through the roof believe me.

I think someone said earlier they'd tried him.

That was me, but people should keep trying, flood him with requests, he probably gets alot of messages so might not have seen it.

Likewise, I really don't know what I'm doing here. I want to flag this up to US sports writer Bill Simmons. Strange choice you may think but he's a twitter whore, is starting to get in to 'soccer' and would sympathise with us. Please explain.

If you want to get someone's attention include their username preceded by @ (ie. @stephenfry) in your tweet. Then it's a matter of hoping they check to see if anyone has mentioned them. You can only send direct messages if you're both following each other. Good Luck!

what does it say?

Roughly...

The downfall of Flu, for me, wouldn't take much to happen. It could be like Southend if Unimed pulled out and left us with all the debts.

Unimed are a massive private healthcare supplier in Brazil; they are certainly Fluminense's shirt sponsor - see below - and from the sounds of it are more closely involved in the club than that.

FluminenseHSS0607.gif

It's a bit like Col Ewe and Southend, though - as much as I don't like Flu (I was a Menguista), I wouldn't want them to fold.

Matt

Last edited:
ESPN basketball journo Mark Stein has come good for us: STEIN_LINE_HQ. He actually loves football and follows Citeh; hence the mention of The Goat. My first Twitter success!

ESPN basketball journo Mark Stein has come good for us: STEIN_LINE_HQ. He actually loves football and follows Citeh; hence the mention of The Goat. My first Twitter success!

Good work! mine have all been failures so far :'(

Anyone figured out the 'lists' feature yet? I've created a zone/southend one, not sure if you can add yourself to it, or if it will just make it easier to find fellow fans but give it a go...

@TheOexperience/shrimperzone-sufc

Good work! mine have all been failures so far :'(

Anyone figured out the 'lists' feature yet? I've created a zone/southend one, not sure if you can add yourself to it, or if it will just make it easier to find fellow fans but give it a go...

@TheOexperience/shrimperzone-sufc

Mine to, i thought Vernon Kay or Tim Lovejoy would be good bets but both have ignored my plea's, as have Jamie Oliver!!!

Brilliant! First celeb follower.

HellsBellsy
Helen Chamberlain | Outside mostly Following
@shrimperstrust Wishing you all the very best with your SOS campaign. Will chuck a couple of quid in the bucket. Hells X 41 minutes ago

I can't do a tremendous amount of work because I'm too young really, but I've been doing what I can on Twitter and Facebook to help awareness!

Is there anything else I can do to help?

@StanCollymore

Delighted that Southend United aren't going into administration! Brilliant news.
Yes, I gave him the news 5 minutes before (first time i've had a result on there!!). Was surprised it took him so long to reply!

Back