• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Twitter

#saveoursouthend appears to be a trending topic now... so put it in all your tweets

I don't understand Twitter, could somebody explain it to me and then I will sign up. And I notice someone wrote on Duncan Bannatyne's Twitter asking for him to help us out. Although something gives me the impression its not him. Check out his spelling.... I don't think that is the spelling of a multi millionaire do you?

I don't understand Twitter, could somebody explain it to me and then I will sign up. And I notice someone wrote on Duncan Bannatyne's Twitter asking for him to help us out. Although something gives me the impression its not him. Check out his spelling.... I don't think that is the spelling of a multi millionaire do you?

Twitter is like Facebook but only one line - almost like the "what are you doing" line. Allows people to get a message across quickly and effectively.

But the plus side is it allows you to get key words searched for, it allows you to build a group quickly, and it's excellent for campaigning. Join in.

Twitter is like Facebook but only one line - almost like the "what are you doing" line. Allows people to get a message across quickly and effectively.

But the plus side is it allows you to get key words searched for, it allows you to build a group quickly, and it's excellent for campaigning. Join in.

yep the search feature is both incredibly simple and incredibly powerful. also there are thousands of people who basically just RT (re-tweet messages), so get someone prominant, like Jupitus to tweet about SUFC is cool, because hopefully the message will spread a bit as people recognise the cause.

My only issue is that the trust need to get something pretty sharpish up on their website so that visitors who aren't SUFC fans understand the issue and how they could very quickly stick a fiver in a bucket.

I'm in.

And Ricey, that was probably me, and can assure you it is the real Duncan Bannantyne.

IMO twitter is a waste of time - only advantage it has over Facebook is that it allows you to stalk celebrities.

I'm in.

And Ricey, that was probably me, and can assure you it is the real Duncan Bannantyne.

He can't spell LOL! I think you should of gone for Peter Jones rather than Duncan Bannantyne. Jones has more monies.

How do I join the Save Our Southend group?

Done, also tried to catch the attention of Stephen Fry as he has nearly a million followers and is a footy fan.

Will also do it from my work's twitter too.

Surely Alan Sugar as being relatively local & fairly minted as well as into football (albeit Spurs) is worth a try too?

yep the search feature is both incredibly simple and incredibly powerful. also there are thousands of people who basically just RT (re-tweet messages), so get someone prominant, like Jupitus to tweet about SUFC is cool, because hopefully the message will spread a bit as people recognise the cause.

My only issue is that the trust need to get something pretty sharpish up on their website so that visitors who aren't SUFC fans understand the issue and how they could very quickly stick a fiver in a bucket.

Nice one Pubey, Stuart braithwaite retweeted it!

We're working on it as fast as we can, please be patient. It won't be too long now.
Please bear in mind that we all have day jobs to do as well.

Back