• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Two in running for under 21 manager role

I have been a little reticent to refer to Moussa as a "youth Product" as he was 17 when he signed for us , he was at Anderlecht until he was 16 , then had a year at Wet Spam
The Dutch certainly do allow youngsters to express themselves, this country is producing a generation of crab like players who are in fear of trying something in case they lose the ball.

I have been a little reticent to refer to Moussa as a "youth Product" as he was 17 when he signed for us , he was at Anderlecht until he was 16 , then had a year at Wet Spam

I think there were an awful lot of nits that got picked when you posted this Firestorm. We definitely had a hand in his development and at 17 that makes him a youth in my book.

You are talking tosh, get yourself down to the training grounds of some big clubs and see these lads before spouting off, most of them are huge. Did you actually watch any of the latest debacle from our England U21 set up ?

I think I agree with you mate. I worked with someone who knew Keith Jones's old coach. This bloke went to see Jones shortly after he signed for Chelsea and couldn't believe what he saw. Basically Jones explained that players weren't allowed to "play" anymore and had to simply fit in to a system - at 13!
By all accounts Jones was a fantastic prospect with loads of skill, tricks and talent - coached out of him by the english system. Probably why he ended up at Roots Hall TBH.
The last time England played with any flare was the Mexico World cup 70. Watch the game against Brazil and tell me honestly if you think our "elite" players could play with that level of skill now.

shame they didn't even qualify for this year's U21 tournament.

and one of their most-capped players at U21 level plays for the world-beating Reading.
You're missing the point, when it really matters at senior level they reached the world cup final in 2010. By the time they have matured they not only have strength and stamina they have a degree of skill that English players have had coached out of them, very simple really.

So they will end up with skill they dont have now ?

Our lads are qualifying for tournaments, they arent. They have some catching up to do.

Chris Phillips ‏@CJPhillips1982
Dale Brooks is the favourite to be the new under 21 manager at Blues.

Back