• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

turkishm

Director
Now that we seem to have two wingers worthy of the name, could we afford to play both wide players, espcially if clubs come here and play five in the middle with only one up front, my thinking is its possible we could be slightly outguned with only two central midfielders. Personally id like to see us go for it, but if both wingers dont tuck in when not in possesion we could be exposed in defence.

I'd love to see us play two good wingers. If Alasane is as good as I hope in the middle with Kane and a strong back line, we could be in for some exciting football this season.

what have i told you about thinking turkishm????? I would imagine luggy is all over the tactical aspect of things and we should let him worry about things like this

Looking at the players we have, we can now play a variety of formations and not feel like we are forcing square pegs into round holes.

We can easily play a 4-4-2 or a 4-3-3, and even a 4-5-1 if required. Can not wait until August!

Looking at the players we have, we can now play a variety of formations and not feel like we are forcing square pegs into round holes.

We can easily play a 4-4-2 or a 4-3-3, and even a 4-5-1 if required. Can not wait until August!

As was Luggy's plan from the very start. Mission accomplished! :thumbsup:

I'd expect us to play two wingers quite often as I don't see how Neil Harris gets in the team if we play 4-3-3.

There is fantastic competition for places and when games come thick and fast we can keep plyers fresh without weakening the side. Looking really good- and I see rapdly decreasing possibility of hoof ball and increasing likelihood of skill and pace on display

I can see us putting teams to the sword this season. Last season at times we kept the ball really well , but just didnt have the killer instinct.

There should be a lot of space in the middle this year for someone like grant/sawyer to push on and grab a good few goals what with hall johnson corr harris causing problems and dragging people out of position.

I can see us putting teams to the sword this season. Last season at times we kept the ball really well , but just didnt have the killer instinct.

There should be a lot of space in the middle this year for someone like grant/sawyer to push on and grab a good few goals what with hall johnson corr harris causing problems and dragging people out of position.

Have to say me too, certainly a few big wins wouldn't surprise me......

Thank God for Sturrock or we COULD have been planning an escape from the Blue Square Prem this season.

Agree with that. With Hall and Johnson's pace it should make us much more of a threat going forwards and will give us more options.
If we do start well, and I'm confident we can, we'll have a situation where teams really try and stop us playing in home games and that will be another test for us to find ways to break down resolute teams.

Agree with that. With Hall and Johnson's pace it should make us much more of a threat going forwards and will give us more options.
If we do start well, and I'm confident we can, we'll have a situation where teams really try and stop us playing in home games and that will be another test for us to find ways to break down resolute teams.
Which was my point. If we do start well teams might come to us for a draw by playing 5 in the centre with only one up, can we then play withonly 2 central midfielders.

Back