• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Txt spk: Hlp pls!

Slipperduke

The Camden Cad
I've been given a rather tricky commission by one of my clients today and I need a bit of help. I have to write a text message conversation between Rafa Benitez and Carlo Ancellotti for a kids football magazine and I'm a bit stumped.

I'm probably the only person in the UK who uses proper punctuation in texts, semi-colons and everything. Can anyone help me out with a few key phrases, a rough guide to young people's slang?

I'm not entirely sure whether bad is bad or good, whether sick is good or ill, whether ill behaviour is good behaviour and I've got no idea whether being whack is phat or...erm...phin.

In time-honoured tradition there will be a prize for the most helpful piece of text dialogue offered up. That prize is.....

*rummages about on desk*

A white label edition of Bradley Walsh's Soccer Shockers!

In time-honoured tradition there will be a prize for the most helpful piece of text dialogue offered up. That prize is.....

*rummages about on desk*

A white label edition of Bradley Walsh's Soccer Shockers!

I'm probably not the best person to consult on this, but you've not still got the Kevin Beattie books knocking about at Icons have you? Any chance of a comp to win one of them (seeing as I never won the official one, grrrr!)?

Might I suggest you PM Murkey Mouse...

I find everything he types appears to be in a pigeon English anyway so I think if you ask him for his ideas on a normal conversation between the two and cut and paste it word for word you will be fine Slipper.

I'm probably not the best person to consult on this, but you've not still got the Kevin Beattie books knocking about at Icons have you? Any chance of a comp to win one of them (seeing as I never won the official one, grrrr!)?

Spot the Ipswich fan.

See, I'm just not getting anything at all out of that.

I like my face enough not to want it rearranged. Two have it been rearranged it helps if no-one keowns it?

Summink like that. :D Try the other one, further up the thread.

Rafa: Lvrpol tres AC tres. Lvrpol triunfo del penas ha ha
Ancelotti: Non hablo espanol senor. Moi Italiano!!! chi sono voi?

Rafa: Lvrpol tres AC tres. Lvrpol triunfo del penas ha ha
Ancelotti: Non hablo espanol senor. Moi Italiano!!! chi sono voi?

That's actually quite close to what I've got! I'm writing it in normal and then translating it into 'street'.

This could actually end my career.

D, I lk my fce enuf nt 2 wnt it rrrngd. 2 avd it bn rrrngd it hlpz if no1 kns it. :angel:

In fairness despite the fact your Orient Scum I dont think anyone on this site would want to have a pop at you and I really feel you have cost me comedy rep points for my fisting joke. :fury:

TEXT SPEAK

Rafa: Hi Carlo! Rafa hre! How r u ?

Carlo: Rafa! Im perfect! Hows ur wife? ;)

Rafa: erm…gud. Lstn, I need 2 talk 2 u.

Carlo: Sure! Wts t prblm? Girl trble?

Rafa: No :(

Carlo: Cme on! U cn tel Uncle Carlo!

Last edited:
Back