• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Breaking News Tyler Cordner signs on loan from Bournemouth

We are definitely starting to find out who MM rates and who he doesn't. I'm guessing Kyp will be gone in the summer, no real sleep lost with that one but he was always capable in the league above. So can't see the need but MM's loan signings have been decent so far.

Just a bit awkward that we now have like 9 players who can play CB on the books (If you include Tim Dieng & R.Taylor as CBs)

It just does not strike me as something we need right now.

This is all fine unless we fail to sign what the world and his mother know we need above all else.

Can't see him replacing White or Hobson but we do need cover as has been said.

Will free up John White at right back if Elvis is injured. So makes some sense BUT it is upfront where our need is greatest

So 22 years old, being loaned out at L2 level, contract ends this summer.
Actually this is a good thing as its a loan that clearly can become a signing (maybe we get an option). At least chance of it being a longer term thing than short term loan fix and Hobson hasn't turned out badly.

Out of all the positions we are in desperate need off, I’m not sure centre half is at the top of the list. Nevertheless, welcome Tyler.

Even if you're right, do you think they should have delayed the signing until we've signed a striker (for example), or just get people in in whatever order they come?

We’ve taken some cracking young CB’s on loan over the years though, all of which helped improve our back line at the time. Let’s hope this kid is the new Dorian...
...or John Egan, now plying his trade in the Premiership. Remember that goal against Scunthorpe?

Seems a strange one from Bournemouth to recall the lad from his loan at Scunthorpe just to send him on loan here, but an addition the manager knows well and if he's anywhere near as good as Kyle then it's a cracking deal.

Just what I was thinking. Was no worse than anyone else on his recall and is a better CH than FB in my book.

Have thought for a while that MM doesn’t seem to rate Kyp. Has always seemed reluctant to use him and sent him out on loan when he could probably still get on our bench. Then again maybe he just feels Kyp needs more games and experience. He’s not so much a youngster anymore (soon to be 24) and has played very little games in that time compared to others of a similar age.

I wish that someone ie CP would ask if MM is considering bringing in another forward as we bring in another defender and talk of another midfielder.Personally feel we need a forward that can hold up the ball and bring other players into play

Out of all the positions we are in desperate need off, I’m not sure centre half is at the top of the list. Nevertheless, welcome Tyler.

Yes but that isn't how transfers work. I am sure the signing of a left back, centre midfielder and striker is being worked on, but deals are done at different speeds.

Back