• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Breaking News Tyler Cordner signs on loan from Bournemouth

Not sure why people are upset by this signing. What happened to that old mantra, strength in depth? Something we’ve been lacking for the past 3 years.

Why don’t we wait and see what this kid can do before we write him off, eh? He may turn out to be the new Dorian Dervite, Sean Morrison, John Egan or Taylor Moore. MM’s loanees have all been decent so far and have made us a better team on the whole (with the exception of Sterling).

It’s not as if we had to choose between this lad and a 20-goal striker.... as someone else mentioned, we can sign more than one player.

Does anyone really believe that MM thinks this squad has enough depth to escape relegation? I mean, it might well have, but we’d need a massive slice of luck to go with it and I’m sure he’s well aware of that. But the likelihood is, he’s trying to avoid eroding any small glints of confidence and belief that has been growing within the squad over the past couple of months.

What we can say for certain is that MM is actively looking to strengthen the squad (hence this signing today).

We also know the club have been looking for an out-and-out striker for the last couple of months, and I’m sure we’ll get someone eventually.... the trouble is, our search criteria & parameters limit the resource pool available to us

For example, the general consensus amongst us fans is, we need a striker who;

- will come here for cheap/free
- can stay injury free
- can hold the ball up
- will challenge for headers
- will chase lost causes
- will drop back and help
- will score 8-10 goals over the next 20-odd games

Trying to find a player that fits that criteria would be challenging at the best of times. However, when you factor in;

- we are the lowest ranked team in the EFL
- have been on a downward spiral for over 2 years
- relegation to non-league seems nailed on
- long history of money issues
- we don’t pay top wages anymore
- the facilities are atrocious
- the area is an expensive place to live
- and our reputation is pretty grim.

Is there any wonder we’re not inundated with options? The ones we want, don’t want to come here, and the ones that are willing, don’t fit the criteria.

For some of you it seems a case of any new striker will do. But what happens if the new guy turns out to be another Blair Sturrock, Matt Harrold or Richie Foran? All respectable front men in their own right, but they hardly fit the criteria that we - the fans - have deemed necessary to aid our plight. Isn’t it right that we do some proper due diligence on this one?

I’d like to think that we’ll be seeing a new striker and a new central midfielder before the window closes. I’ll say again, it’s strength in depth that we need.

Does anybody know what has happened to Klass? Would have hoped to have seen him feature more this season since being registered again...

Not sure why people are upset by this signing. What happened to that old mantra, strength in depth? Something we’ve been lacking for the past 3 years.

Why don’t we wait and see what this kid can do before we write him off, eh? He may turn out to be the new Dorian Dervite, Sean Morrison, John Egan or Taylor Moore. MM’s loanees have all been decent so far and have made us a better team on the whole (with the exception of Sterling).

It’s not as if we had to choose between this lad and a 20-goal striker.... as someone else mentioned, we can sign more than one player.

Does anyone really believe that MM thinks this squad has enough depth to escape relegation? I mean, it might well have, but we’d need a massive slice of luck to go with it and I’m sure he’s well aware of that. But the likelihood is, he’s trying to avoid eroding any small glints of confidence and belief that has been growing within the squad over the past couple of months.

What we can say for certain is that MM is actively looking to strengthen the squad (hence this signing today).

We also know the club have been looking for an out-and-out striker for the last couple of months, and I’m sure we’ll get someone eventually.... the trouble is, our search criteria & parameters limit the resource pool available to us

- can stay injury free
- can hold the ball up
- will chase lost causes

Trying to find a player that fits that criteria would be challenging at the best of times. However, when you factor in;

Is there any wonder we’re not inundated with options? The ones we want, don’t want to come here, and the ones that are willing, don’t fit the criteria.

For some of you it seems a case of any new striker will do. But what happens if the new guy turns out to be another Blair Sturrock, Matt Harrold or Richie Foran? All respectable front men in their own right, but they hardly fit the criteria that we - the fans - have deemed necessary to aid our plight. Isn’t it right that we do some proper due diligence on this one?

I’d like to think that we’ll be seeing a new striker and a new central midfielder before the window closes. I’ll say again, it’s strength in depth that we need.

Finding the next Matt Harrold would be a right result.

- can stay injury free
- can hold the ball up
- will chase lost causes

Its much better to slag them off before they arrive. Look up some pointless stats to add weight to your opinion, especially if you have never seen him play.

Hopefully they will make a mistake in their first couple of games and then you can slag the manger as well just like when Hobson arrived.

After all its much harder to spot good points in anyones game so play save and slag first.....If you prove to be right you can remind everyone and just keep quiet if they do well.

So 22 years old, being loaned out at L2 level, contract ends this summer.
Actually this is a good thing as its a loan that clearly can become a signing (maybe we get an option). At least chance of it being a longer term thing than short term loan fix and Hobson hasn't turned out badly.
Has he played with Hobson? If long term, as in with next season in mind I’ll back MM .. you’d be ****ed off if you were MMN, Kyps or Taylor though wouldn’t you. Striker to be announced imminently, let’s hope.

How tall is Cordner?

I think we lack some height at the back and would love a centre-half who is aerially dominant.

Yes but that isn't how transfers work. I am sure the signing of a left back, centre midfielder and striker is being worked on, but deals are done at different speeds.

With a week left of the window, these deals are getting done in reverse?:Hilarious:

With a week left of the window, these deals are getting done in reverse?:Hilarious:

A lot tends to happen in the last few days. We're quite a long way down the food chain, and things tend to cascade down the divisions particularly if we're looking to sign from higher up.

Unfortunately, January is not a buyer's market but of course the club failed to bring a manager in fast enough in the summer so the best talent had already been snapped up.

Guess there might be an eye on a permanent deal in the summer - presuambly this is JW's last season?

Hopefully, may even be able to chip in with a goal or two from corners/set pieces.

Looks like he has knocked a few in during previous loan spells. Quite a physical player apparently.

Welcome to the club , would mean that we don;t have to play Halford at the back which is a plus IMO, i think GH can cause some problems up top but because of his lack of pace is a bit erratic at the back.

would be nice to get some goals from our CB;s as we clearly work hard on set pieces ......Adam Barrett would of had a field day with some of our well worked set pieces

Back