• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Tyrone Barnett

AndyT

Lord of the Reedy River
13 games this season for Wimbledon and 1 goal, poached from about 4 yards against Charlton Athletic.

What an enigma this fella is.

Seems to have everything, yet nothing.

13 games this season for Wimbledon and 1 goal, poached from about 4 yards against Charlton Athletic.

What an enigma this fella is.

Seems to have everything, yet nothing.
Remind me - did we actually try to sign him permanently?

Wimbledon currently sit 7 places above us, I'm sure he feels he made the right move and we don't exactly have a striker here at the moment with a better ratio than he got last season of 1 in 4

Barnett is a good player and the number of goals scored isn't necessarily an indication of how well he has played. He was never going to be a 20 goal striker for us or them.

Wimbledon currently sit 7 places above us, I'm sure he feels he made the right move and we don't exactly have a striker here at the moment with a better ratio than he got last season of 1 in 4

Agreed, I'm thinking more about Barnett in general, over his career.

He has all the attributes : Pace, Power, Great shot on him, strength in the air and so on, but just seems to lack something. A bit of a poor man's Stan Collymore, constantly changing clubs, impressing for a while and then eased out over time.

Agreed, I'm thinking more about Barnett in general, over his career.

He has all the attributes : Pace, Power, Great shot on him, strength in the air and so on, but just seems to lack something. A bit of a poor man's Stan Collymore, constantly changing clubs, impressing for a while and then eased out over time.

Is that Barnett or Leon Clarke?
Both CAN cut it BUT too often don't seem to be bothered.

Either, I would say.

Football does seem to be littered with these types of players. Plenty of ability but a lack of commitment, conviction, confidence, you name it.

Frustrating for fans and also for managers when they see someone literally p***ing up a career of top earnings.

Didn't think he did too bad, yesterday, when he came on, but when you compare him to the likes of Cox, Ranger & Fortune, I can see why we didn't seal the deal to keep him here.

Didn't think he did too bad, yesterday, when he came on, but when you compare him to the likes of Cox, Ranger & Fortune, I can see why we didn't seal the deal to keep him here.

Yes, at present I would not swap him for any of those three.
He has the skill but doesn't put 100% into it...........very frustrating player.

Didn't get and didn't like the booing when he came on yesterday. He came to us on loan and tried to play in a team that was a shadow of what we had yesterday. I liked him though I agree he did look lazy at times, but I think that's just his style. Noticed the likes of Leonard and Timlin had no problem with him on the pitch and interaction was mostly quite friendly.

It always winds me up when ex players come back and get booed.was in the south upper yesterday and all I heard was polite applause which made a nice change

Back