• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Tyson Fury

In my opinion this isnt left v right or muslim v christia. This is someone who kids will look up to and think its ok to have those opinions.

Comment on Fighting Talk this morning, If a premiership footballer being interviewed on MOTD had made the same comments he would have had the book thrown at him.

As I said before its about consistency. IMHO if, In a persons opinion, its ok for one person to hold a particular view and air it in a very public domain, then that person should afford anyone the same privilege.
likewise, the contrary applies and if its not ok the all who do it should be treated similarly.

All are entitled to opinions, voicing them in public, however is subject to various legislation, slander, offensive behavior, incitiement etc.
That aside, respecting peoples right to have an opinion tends to to be undermined when the is a perception that there may be an undercurrent of hypocrisy.

That doesnt mean that opinions have to be left unquestioned, just not beliittled or insulted

A bloke who says this can be a candidate for sports personality of the year?
[QUOTEAnd that's the face you're going to see when he's jumping on your head.' QUOTE]

In the past the Left Wing League have advocated that we ignore the likes of Abu Hamza & Mohammed Choudary for their inciting speeches. It's just interesting to me, that you's now condemn Fury, for want of a better phrase, for lesser behaviour.

You wanted our government to swing open the borders & freely welcome all & sundry without even knowing their ideologies. We can probably say, not all refugees have the same feelings, however it's naive & plain ignorant to assume that a large number, who are devout old school Muslims DON'T believe that being gay is wrong, and should be punishable by torture/death.

Homosexual behaviour is forbidden in the Koran, so no, this isn't a new thing created by ISIS.

His profession/location/race/creed/ethnicity has nothing to do with it. I judge people on their traits, behaviour & general demeanour.

And FWIW, the travellers I know, and are friendly with, are a class above those who would torture & murder an innocent man, just because he likes the pork sword
who are the left wing league and when have they said this? I certainly haven't said that - I think both Choudary (assuming you mean Anjem Choudary) and Hamza should be locked up for life without the ability to continue to spread their message of hate.

I'm happy to open our borders to economic migrants and asylum seekers, obviously with proper checks and registration.

Many migrants and refugees want to move into the west and embrace western views. I work with Syrians, Iraqis, Libyans and many people from around the world. They have western views and morals, just like western Christians do (even though the bible says homosexuals should be hung, drawn and quartered).

Anyway, this is a mile away from Fury and the original post. Why does every thread at the moment need to be side-tracked into left/right, immigrants, Islam etc? You call out people for not replying to your posts but in this case you want to sidetrack the debate into Islam which is a tiresome debate on here, and unrelated to Fury and his comments. Sure, some (many?) Muslims will have 'old school' views - but if they're not acting out those views in real life, e.g. causing discrimination against gay people or preaching hate - then I can accept that, just as I accept the same views being held by white Christians.

Last edited:
I see Greg Rutherford is threatening to pull out if Fury remains, though to be fair, you haven't got a hope in hell of winning it Greg.

Back